Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-19-2007, 08:40 AM
She's under the stairs

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation

6.5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 12-19-2007, 08:42 AM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellfire1 View Post
Such a hard movie to watch.
ugh, for sure.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:43 AM
She's under the stairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
ugh, for sure.
I watched ityears ago when it came out... It's a great piece of Cinema... has he directed anything since?

He has been quiet of late, though I might go see youth without youth just to get a fix..

Quote:
Old 12-19-2007, 11:52 AM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease View Post
I watched ityears ago when it came out... It's a great piece of Cinema... has he directed anything since?

He has been quiet of late, though I might go see youth without youth just to get a fix..
no, i'm pretty sure that's the only film he's directed. he did a great job though, i'd like to see him do it again.

yeah he hasn't been doing a lot, but he will be playing "george"(the dad) in the funny games remake.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:49 PM
She's under the stairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
no, i'm pretty sure that's the only film he's directed. he did a great job though, i'd like to see him do it again.

yeah he hasn't been doing a lot, but he will be playing "george"(the dad) in the funny games remake.

What the Fuck, they are remaking funny games! In English I guess, Fuck that... I didn't think I could lose more faith in the Industry with the remakes, I thought they had already raped everything..

But serioulsy, this is a movie that should not be touched, I just felt a shiver from my head to my toes...

Quote:
Old 12-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Evil Dead

The trailer for Funny Games (remake) sort of lost me. It looked... odd. As if it was trying to be darkly serious, yet humorous at the same time. I get what they might have been trying to do. Present a disturbing event as even more disturbing by making the person commuting it act as if it were fun. But it was just... poorly done in the trailer. Loved the music thought. Noami Watts was wasted.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:55 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease View Post
What the Fuck, they are remaking funny games! In English I guess, Fuck that... I didn't think I could lose more faith in the Industry with the remakes, I thought they had already raped everything..

But serioulsy, this is a movie that should not be touched, I just felt a shiver from my head to my toes...
yeah, disease, i almost flipped when i heard about it. the only thing that interests me about it is that michael haneke himself is directing it, and it is a shot-by-shot remake of the original. his reasoning behind making an american version of the film (which i read in an interview) is that the point he was trying to make with the original (that violence as a form of entertainment has been taken for granted, and doesn't affect anyone in the way that it should) was an "american theme," which means that this is more of a problem in america than anywhere else.

i do agree with you though. the original stands alone and holds up extremely well after ten years.

we'll see how it turns out, i guess. :confused:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshaube View Post
The trailer for Funny Games (remake) sort of lost me. It looked... odd. As if it was trying to be darkly serious, yet humorous at the same time. I get what they might have been trying to do. Present a disturbing event as even more disturbing by making the person commuting it act as if it were fun. But it was just... poorly done in the trailer. Loved the music thought. Noami Watts was wasted.
have you seen the original? if not, definitely check it out. it's extremely powerful and shockingly graphic (even though no violence is shown on-screen). the main point of the film (i'm talking about the original) isn't merely trying to make horrible thing seem more horrible because the ones committing it are enjoying it, although that definitely is a by-product of the film's execution. the real message is that violence in entertainment isn't portrayed and observed as it should be, or at least that's part of it.

here is a great (and really long) interview with michael haneke in which he touches on his motivations and explains in great detail the points/themes of the film:

part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2U9kcpepoo
part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roOl9...eature=related
part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ48t...eature=related
part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWJfj...eature=related
part 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lkl8...eature=related

Last edited by fortunato; 12-19-2007 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:13 AM
Therapy?

Return to Horror High

also Waxwork II: Lost in Time which everyone NEEDS to see if they haven't yet. Best Bruce Campbell bit part ever! :D

Last edited by Angelakillsluts; 12-20-2007 at 12:18 AM.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:20 AM
Atrocity Exhibition

-Something To Do With Death, An Opera Of Violence, and The Wages Of Sin, documentarys on Once Upon A Time In The West.

-Once Upon A Time In The West with Commentary.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:41 AM
HDC's old chick

X-Men 2...