Old 08-07-2012, 02:45 AM
Little Boo

ID this movie

I'm looking for this 70's or 80's horror movie.

The monster in the movie is wearing a jedi-like robe with a hood and kills people with huge rusty scissors.
I remember 1 scene from the movie;
A man is sneaking alongside a small cliff wall and the camera starts moving up. The monster is standing on top of the cliff, the scissors in hand.
Another vague memory is that the monster lived in some cave/Lair with very old furniture, but of this I'm not sure if it's from the same movie.

Someone said it's the movie "The Cut", but in the version I've seen of it (if there's more than 1 version), the killer is wearing a white mask, but no robe. So it can't be it.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:20 PM
MikeJustice

Send a message via AIM to MikeJustice
The Burning

This movie sounds like The Burning.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082118/

In it, the guy kills people with a big pair of garden shears. He does wear a robe-like outfit (but no hood). There's a scene at the end where one of the last survivors is climbing along a rock wall, and the camera pans up and you see the killers legs and his garden shears.

Also, the killer does do business from a burnt out stone building in the woods, and if memory serves me correctly, he's got some old chairs in there or something.

Last edited by MikeJustice; 09-04-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJustice View Post
This movie sounds like The Burning.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082118/

In it, the guy kills people with a big pair of garden shears. He does wear a robe-like outfit (but no hood). There's a scene at the end where one of the last survivors is climbing along a rock wall, and the camera pans up and you see the killers legs and his garden shears.

Also, the killer does do business from a burnt out stone building in the woods, and if memory serves me correctly, he's got some old chairs in there or something.
Thanks for the reply. Forgot I had put up a topic here. I asked about it on another forum, but almost right after posting there, I accidentally stumbled upon the movie, going through someone's horror-movie list on IMDB. It was The Burning. Already watched it too, but wasn't quite as I remembered it.. :P
Old 09-10-2012, 11:28 AM
For Vendetta

Movie successfully ID'ed. Closing Thread.