Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games

Old 09-02-2018, 07:10 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

What are your opinions on the new Resident Evil 2 remake?

I know I'm most likely going to be the only one who says this, but I really feel like this game is being overhyped right now. It hasn't even be released yet and people are already declaring it the greatest Resident Evil game ever made which shows that this series sells more from it's name than it does it does the actual quality of it's games.

Personally from what I've seen there are some things that bug me. Like why did they have to copy the exact same gameplay style from Resident Evil 4? Why couldn't they do like the remake of the first Resident Evil game with the original fixed camera angles? I'm just really sick of every new Resident Evil game trying to copy Resident Evil 4. Resident Evil 4 was not even scary it was more of a cheesy action game than anything else. The same goes for Resident Evil 5, 6 and Revelations 1 and 2. Just a bunch of over-the-top heroes and villains being cheesy and acting like they are in a comic book. I'm not saying that this remake will automatically be like that but the fact that they are copying the exact same gameplay style of Resident Evil 4, 5, and 6 worries me.

I'm also not too happy with the fact that they changed the appearence of Claire, Sherry, and Ada. I mean I just don't understand the purpose of it, were they trying to modernize these female characters so that they would appeal more to today's generation of gamers? I mean this was a game that was made and set in the 1990's so why not keep the 90's vibe? In the remake of the first game they didn't change the look of the characters that drastically.

The least they could have done was kept the picture of the angel on the back of Claire's motorcycle jacket...

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 09-02-2018 at 07:13 AM.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:36 AM
Immortal horror fan

I'm still looking forward to the game. I saw the new Ada design leaked image. I'm surprised with all the hype that Capcom is upset about the leak. That's one of the modern gaming things I hate. People on youtube, twitter, etc. essentially being an unpaid part of the company. But then companies attempting to punish them when they give a bad review or show something early and the people folding.

But on the game, I think it's nostalgia too. I loved the original Resident Evil. Got the director's cut too and when the remake came out it was awesome. I got Resident Evil 2 on the first day. I thought I didn't have it reserved but turned out that I did. The company I purchased it from back then only got enough for reserves on the first day. So I can't wait to play the Part 2 remake even with the different camera even though I would prefer a Resident Evil 1 remake type camera.

There are a few items I'm excited about too but I'm waiting to see how they turn out.

1. The European Collector's edition comes with replica keys from the game.

2. The Japanese Collector's edition comes with a keyboard that might be a replica of one of the save station typewriters in the game. It's expensive but they are selling it separately as well.

3. They have a blueprint of the Police Station in all the Collector's Editions. If it's well made I might get it.

There is something else I'm trying to get as well. But I have to save and sell some more stuff. I'll post when I get it.

Last edited by ImmortalSlasher; 09-05-2018 at 12:37 AM.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:46 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I think Ada's new look is kind of silly. I mean the red dress with high heels was silly enough in Resident Evil 4 but wearing a trench coat with shades (at NIGHT lol) just makes her look even more suspicious than she did in the original game Resident Evil 2.

But on the bright side at least she's no longer dressed like a hooker.

Capcom really started slutting her appearance up after the original Resident Evil 2.
Old 09-08-2018, 04:04 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
people are already declaring it the greatest Resident Evil game ever made
thats because its a remake of what is the greatest resident evil game ever made, and if its gonna be better than the original... then it does make it the greatest
Old 09-08-2018, 04:53 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0RR0R View Post
thats because its a remake of what is the greatest resident evil game ever made, and if its gonna be better than the original... then it does make it the greatest
But what if it isn't and it utterly sucks? What if it turns out to be another Resident Evil 6?
Old 09-10-2018, 01:00 AM
Scares Little Kids

Could be something good

I haven't bought it yet but I've seen some videos on Youtube and the game seems to be promising. I do not expect to be as good as the original but I am used to the idea.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:32 PM
Immortal horror fan

I saw on one of the gaming forums that the Japanese version of Resident Evil 4, I can't remember which version, has the classic camera for Ashley's stage. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to sneak something like that in for the Resident Evil 2 remake. I think it will be possible that they did too much to the game to make it as classic as the first Resident Evil remake.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:39 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I got my Resident Evil Origins Bundle and right now that's all I need.

I might decide to get the Resident Evil 2 remake after it comes out but only after I do research on it and if I decide the game isn't so terrible.

At least it has real zombies.
Old 11-11-2020, 01:14 PM
Evil Dead

I thought it sucked, hard.

Whereas the 1998 original felt unique, the A and B scenarios did not feel unique this time. They also missed out a lot of enemies and locations. The DLC was pointless. The entire game was different. They made it dark on purpose to make players think it's scary, but it wasn't scary.

And those bullet sponge zombies!? Uh!