Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-16-2020, 11:58 PM
Evil Dead

QUILLS (2000). Incredible production values are hampered by a listless script about The Marquis De Sade's attempts to keep his material available to the public, even if it's from the confines of an asylum. **
Old 04-17-2020, 10:13 AM
Living Dead

[I

Last edited by Amaltheaunicorn; 04-19-2020 at 03:42 AM.
Old 04-17-2020, 02:27 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
This was the last horror film I watched.

This Ari Aster fella - (his first film was Hereditary) ... has an incredible grasp of the slow burn .. and the morbidly creepy.

He takes his time, does what few horror film makers do - develops his characters as people rather than simple chainsaw fodder.
He builds a sense of dread masterfully ... not with cheap jump out scares but by tapping into our brains finding fears we didn't even know we had.

Both of his films (so far) are the only horror flicks that left me feeling uncomfortably uneasy, but also exhilarated with the respect for a well made movie - something that's incredibly rare in the genre.

probably not for everyone...especially for those fans of the genre that measure the worth of a horror film by a slasher's teen body count.
I just watched Midsommar for the first time today, and totally agree with you about Ari Aster. I love the way he builds tension and creates real human relationships before bringing in the more obvious/explicit horror. Both Midsommar and Hereditary are films that really stick in the brain, and I almost thought I was really tripping for parts of Midsommar.
Old 04-17-2020, 10:38 PM
Immortal horror fan

Ma -

First thought is that this is probably in the top 5 Blumhouse horror movies. It's tough to do a review without spoiling it. But I'll say that the events that seem to be popular in the United States, well the villain in this movie has more than enough reasons. I really believe that treat people like you want to be treated rule. But some don't. And if they don't, you really should stay away from them as many times bad things come back. And they come back even worse.

Ma is like a really good LMN movie. I thought the scene with the kids attempting to find someone to buy them alcohol was hilarious. I remember a few people I knew in High School attempting to find people to buy them Playboy magazines. But it's odd as I didn't drink till I was 21 as I thought the law was 21 to buy and drink alcohol. I had many chances before but never did. But these High School kids are jumping to drink and smoke. And in the movie, it's like giving candy to babies.

There are a few strange gaps in the movie that I wanted to know the answers to. I guess that's why Ma is still an LMN type movie. But horror fans might enjoy this one. I think this was sold as a horror movie in commercials. I would say it's a horror / thiller type movie. It's funny too and Octavia Spencer is great as Ma.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ma.jpg (24.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-18-2020, 05:26 AM
病気の

Evil River, 2018. 7/10

Director: Marco Rosson

Thumb resize.

Abrakadabra, 2018. 8/10

Directors: Luciano Onetti, Nicolás Onetti

Malevolence 3: Killer, 2018. 8/10

Director: Stevan Mena

Thumb resize.

I love Martin Bristol, would love to see these films continue.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:01 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
I saw that when it came out, and I haven't watched it again. But, it kinda sticks with you, you know?
Did you use the vomit bag

Old 04-19-2020, 05:50 AM
This is a test

DARK LIGHT 2019

A woman and her young daughter are terrorized by something in the woman's childhood home.

It was ok. The mother inexplicably turns into Sarah Conner with a cash and weapon stash and the daughter was a bit "robotic".
Old 04-19-2020, 09:09 AM
Living Dead

Haunt (2019), directed by Scott Beck, Bryan Woods.

One of those movies that is nice to watch, but only once, I guess.
It reminds me of Escape Room (2019) a little bit. Quite fun and gory.

Oculus (2013), directed by Mike Flanagan.

It's a twisted ghost story with eerie atmosphere. I've heard lots of praises about this movie. I wasn't that excited but I think it's a fine supernatural flick for those who are into such things.

The Crucifixion (2017), directed by Xavier Gens.

I'm not much into "exorcism" movies, but this one was just... bland. Quite predictable and not interesting enough to keep me focused till the end.
Old 04-19-2020, 09:16 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
DARK LIGHT 2019

A woman and her young daughter are terrorized by something in the woman's childhood home.

It was ok. The mother inexplicably turns into Sarah Conner with a cash and weapon stash and the daughter was a bit "robotic".
Started out alright, but the rest of the movie was just the same things happening over and over again. Lost interest halfway through.

3/10
Old 04-19-2020, 09:47 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Started out alright, but the rest of the movie was just the same things happening over and over again. Lost interest halfway through.

3/10
I did like the actress that played the mother. Would like to see her in more stuff.

Tags
movie