Old 07-18-2019, 02:35 AM
Living Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile View Post
I consider part 3 dream warriors to be one of the best horror movies ever made, even if it isn't pure horror because of the comedy/one-liners in there.

To me part 3 and 1 are among the greatest of all time. Then 4 and Freddy's Dead I like a lot but they don't hold a candle to the greatness of 1 and 3. 2 and 5 to me were crap but there is a good scene or 2. I absolutely despise New Nightmare, Freddy vs Jason and the remake.
I think New Nightmare is a good stand alone movie, but has nothing of the Elm Street Saga. Even the "Freddy" has nothing of the charisma of the classic one, none of his one liners and so on. I think that is just a horror movie, while the saga has some fantastic humour in it also.
Old 07-18-2019, 04:16 PM
basementdwellingnay-sayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
I think New Nightmare is a good stand alone movie, but has nothing of the Elm Street Saga. Even the "Freddy" has nothing of the charisma of the classic one, none of his one liners and so on. I think that is just a horror movie, while the saga has some fantastic humour in it also.
I know what you're saying but honestly every movie where they are making a movie as part of the story, I never liked. My only exception to that was The Editor. The worst 1 I saw like that was Evil Ed. The Fulci movie A Cat in the Brain wasn't that bad but not great either.
Old 07-19-2019, 01:19 AM
Evil Dead

CHILDREN OF MEN (2006). Pretty downbeat story of the near future concerning population. After a half hour, gets really intense, almost TERMINATOR-ish. ***
Old 07-19-2019, 12:12 PM
ventricle

Quote:
I know what you're saying but honestly every movie where they are making a movie as part of the story, I never liked. My only exception to that was The Editor. The worst 1 I saw like that was Evil Ed. The Fulci movie A Cat in the Brain wasn't that bad but not great either.
I haven't seen many fictional films were the setting is while making a film. I haven't seen The Editor, Evil Ed or A Cat in the Brain. I didn't like New Nightmare. What did you think of In the Shadow of the Vampire?

Old 07-19-2019, 05:30 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Even the "Freddy" has nothing of the charisma of the classic one, none of his one liners and so on.
I think this is one of those cases of when people blend things together a bit.
The classic Freddy, as in, featured in the first one?
I found him quite dark and humourless...he did seem to enjoy the taunting though.
Had next to no one-liners, well not as jokes anyway...we got "I'm your boyfriend now" and "This...is God", but that's really on the more sinister side.
I didn't find him charismatic at all, he was more...evil...angry, and showed an almost hateful side towards the children - this ties in well to the origin story, their parents were his killers, and he was straight out for blood.

#3 is one of my favourites but does mark the point that he started to transition from the "original" Freddy into the standup comedian he was in the latter part of the series. Though #3 in and of itself struck a pretty good balance - it was the ones after that took him into more ridiculous territory.
I also quite liked the visual aspects of the dreams/manifestations in this one as well.
The Nancy thing sucked, but hey...who didn't love that twist though...

Of course, now I've read there was some talk about some attempt at doing with NOES what they did with Halloween?
Heather said she'd return but is uncertain of it's direction without Wes Craven.
I could maybe get behind this if it happened though.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:14 PM
Scares Little Kids

Wrong Turn and The Hills Have Eyes

Has anyone seen this one? Its pretty amazing

Also

Nice little niche in the horror genre

Last edited by FranxLove; 07-19-2019 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
I haven't seen many fictional films were the setting is while making a film. I haven't seen The Editor, Evil Ed or A Cat in the Brain. I didn't like New Nightmare. What did you think of In the Shadow of the Vampire?
No, I haven't seen it. Was it any good?
Old 07-20-2019, 02:06 AM

Quote:
No, I haven't seen it. Was it any good?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranxLove View Post

Has anyone seen this one? Its pretty amazing

Also

Nice little niche in the horror genre
Hills Have Eyes to me the original was better. The remake was ok. The rape scene in the original seemed so real it kind of made my stomach turn a little.

I saw Wrong Turn a long time ago, when it was new. I honestly can't remember much. I honestly got it confused with another movie called Rest Stop. I was way off.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
I think this is one of those cases of when people blend things together a bit.
The classic Freddy, as in, featured in the first one?
I found him quite dark and humourless...he did seem to enjoy the taunting though.
Had next to no one-liners, well not as jokes anyway...we got "I'm your boyfriend now" and "This...is God", but that's really on the more sinister side.
I didn't find him charismatic at all, he was more...evil...angry, and showed an almost hateful side towards the children - this ties in well to the origin story, their parents were his killers, and he was straight out for blood.

#3 is one of my favourites but does mark the point that he started to transition from the "original" Freddy into the standup comedian he was in the latter part of the series. Though #3 in and of itself struck a pretty good balance - it was the ones after that took him into more ridiculous territory.
I also quite liked the visual aspects of the dreams/manifestations in this one as well.
The Nancy thing sucked, but hey...who didn't love that twist though...

Of course, now I've read there was some talk about some attempt at doing with NOES what they did with Halloween?
Heather said she'd return but is uncertain of it's direction without Wes Craven.
I could maybe get behind this if it happened though.
Sorry for so many posts, I can't figure out the multiquote yet.
Yeah I agree 2 different Freddy's the original, then the funny Freddy which started with part 3. Dream warriors is one of my favorite movies ever.

It would be nice to see a new take on NOES but I have low hopes of how it would actually turn out. The remake of NOES was a disaster and how they always say Freddy kills kids its really not true, he kills teenagers, he just still calls them kids as an adult standpoint of anyone who isn't a full grown adult is a kid. The remake took him from a killer of "kids" to being a child molester if I remember correctly. I really don't remember much of it because it wasn't memorable and really not worth rewatching.

If they do another remake, I really hope it goes in a direction between the original and part 3. As far as his face, if it aint broke don't fix it. They could use old clips of Robert England before he died from previous movies and still use Robert England (I think he's still alive). You can't see his aged face under all the makeup anyway. Plus part 1 and 3 completely avoided shots of his normal face, there wasn't clips of his past until later. I can only remember pre death Freddy scenes from Freddy's Dead. I doubt they would still use Robert England though.
Old 07-20-2019, 06:18 AM
Evil Dead

lt.jpg[/IMG]

Tags
movie