Old 10-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Atrocity Exhibition

Cosmopolis, by Don DeLillo.

Love the film, loving the book.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Little Boo

Newly Street

I am reading Newly Street by DG Jones on Amazon. Its modern Lovecraft stuff, totally crazy and excellent!!!! You have to check this guy out! He's not mainstream, more like Ligotti.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Newly-Street...tt_at_ep_dpt_3
Old 10-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Atrocity Exhibition

The Conversations: Walter Murch and the Art of Film Editing, by Michael Ondaatjee
Old 10-28-2012, 02:51 AM
Banned

300 hundred pages into lord of the rings,i dont think i can handle it anymore,this book is boring the shit out of me!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Finally finished The Stand. Wow, i've heard a lot of things about this book but no one ever told me how boring it is.

The first part with the plague was so vivid and engrossing that i actually felt like i was getting sick but the second part which was just a lot of walking was so boring, i barely got through it.

I thought that it couldn't get any worse until i got to the third part. When i decided to read an apocalyptic tale of good vs. evil i wasn't expecting to have to read about committee meetings and census reports and social reform. I get that showing how a society would rebuild itself after an apocalypse might be interesting to some but given what this book is about, what it was building towards, it just seemed like a lot of filler bullshit.

The last part though where the battle actually happens was pretty good and i liked the ending.

Overall, this was not what i was expecting at all and it was way over hyped and overrated. It's not a bad book but not a great one either and i wouldn't call it King's best work either.

Anyway now i'm reading Guardian by John Saul.
I know there are two different editions out there of The Stand. I can't remember exactly, but when it first came out they edited out about... 400 or so pages (just guessing, I can't remember exactly).

Eventually, there was enough demand that King released his version that about doubles the page count. This sounds like you read the unabridged version.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:22 PM
Scares Little Kids

I'm reading The Club Dumas by Arturo Perez-Reverte. I'm about a quarter of the way into it, and so far, so good.

This is the book that the movie "The Ninth Gate" is based off, and deals a lot with the fictional book The Nine Gates of the Kingdom of Shadows. I would only recommend it to other bibliophiles though.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:56 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeU View Post
I know there are two different editions out there of The Stand. I can't remember exactly, but when it first came out they edited out about... 400 or so pages (just guessing, I can't remember exactly).

Eventually, there was enough demand that King released his version that about doubles the page count. This sounds like you read the unabridged version.
Yeah i read the unabridged version

Old 10-30-2012, 08:00 AM
Under Cadlelight

Dracula's Dog (Hounds of Draculs is another title it had been published under)
Old 10-30-2012, 11:33 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeU View Post
I'm reading The Club Dumas by Arturo Perez-Reverte. I'm about a quarter of the way into it, and so far, so good.

This is the book that the movie "The Ninth Gate" is based off, and deals a lot with the fictional book The Nine Gates of the Kingdom of Shadows. I would only recommend it to other bibliophiles though.
I'll have to give this a read I loved The Ninth Gate.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Yeah i read the unabridged version

just go back and read the last 3 pages of the extended cut. best part o the entire book IMO