Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-20-2013, 09:27 AM
For Vendetta

Old 09-20-2013, 09:43 AM
Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post

The only horror sequel, that I can think of, that followed the same mindset as the original was Halloween 2.
Ever seen Bride of Frankenstein?

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 09-20-2013, 02:33 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Ever seen Bride of Frankenstein?
Yes, I have. Once more just a few months back. You told me it was your favorite film (so I will sincerely be respectful to it).

The story does pick up where the Original leaves off. But there are definitely different 'mindsets' between the two. Bride introduces humor, self-parody, satire and non-reality. To me, those make Bride very different than the Original. Take the scene with the miniature king trying to get to the miniature queen, with the accompanying 'whimsical' music. I'm not sure if this is intended as lighthearted self-parody, or something else? Pretorius said he 'mixed in seaweed' to make the mermaid miniature (as opposed to fish material). The correlation between experimentation in bringing dead bodies back to life, and Pretorius' miniature creations, seems quite divergent. There's no effort made to explain how the miniatures correlate to Frankenstein's experimentation. The film isn't concerned with these reality elements. Surely the chilling serious reality of the Original is forfeited with scenes such as these (at least they are for me). Suffice is to say the introduction of humor and non-reality are alien to the Original. And so, I find them different in many fundamentals.

Old 09-24-2013, 01:54 PM
Midnight toker

Fuck Ikea and fuck flatpack furniture.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:05 AM
For Vendetta

Old 10-21-2013, 05:58 AM
HDC Idol

Fuck.

Apologies in advance for the rant. I've been trying to stay positive but this morning all I can think of is FUCK. TODAY. I want to go back to bed.

My fucking shoulder hurts. A lot. I'm pretty sure that it's from a leftover chicken pock from childhood - I realize that I should probably see my doctor but I have no idea what she would or could actually do about it besides prescribing high doses of ibuprofen, which do absolutely nothing.

Also - Seriously - Fuck work. FUCK IT. My manager has put me in charge of a HUGE piece of our Team's budget - I didn't ask for this. I feel like this has been thrown at me because she has no idea what to do with me, which worries me for a whole other set of reasons. Also - Fuck - I'm a Goddamn English Major. I have no desire to deal with finance, numbers, or budgets. I don't care. I can't get myself to care. I HAVE NO FUCKING DESIRE TO MANAGE A FUCKING BUDGET. I should be happy that she's giving me more responsibility - But fuck this. I need to start looking for other positions but I have no idea what I want to do... Also I think I'd really like to leave my company but since I've taken advantage of their tuition reimbursement program to get my MBA, if I leave, I'd have to pay back the tuition that they've reimbursed. Fuck. Luckily it's a big company so there are a lot of internal opportunities but I honestly just don't fucking care about what I'm responsible for right now.

Need to stay positive... I'm getting married November 1st. That's a good thing, and also probably the main reason why I could give two shits about my day-to-day right now... I just want to say Fuck it All. FUCK.

Ok. That was pretty cathartic. Thanks for letting me vent.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 10-21-2013, 06:01 AM
HDC's old chick

Amanda, it's much better to let it all out. You have enough stress going on with your wedding being on the 1st, you need to let go of some of it.

Concentrate on your wedding now, you can deal with job stress when you get back from your honeymoon.

Good luck!
Old 10-21-2013, 06:10 AM
HDC Idol

Thanks, HF. Posting my rant here definitely helped - I thought it would be better than just sitting and stewing.

Good news is, most of the wedding stuff is really taken care of. I need to make a list of the few outstanding items (like Rehearsal Dinner logistics, etc.) - Good news #2 is that my Bachelorette Party is this Saturday - Definitely something to count down to and look forward to. :D

Old 10-21-2013, 06:20 AM
For Vendetta

I can totally understand the bit about getting stuck in the wrong job and not being able to do anything about it, which includes changing jobs in the middle of a career. Can't do much but grin and lumber on.

But hey, look on the brighter side. At least there's a job which is keeping you busy with it's share of headaches. All being said, maybe the days after marriage will bring about some changes. Till then, hang in there and keep going.

The impending wedding day must be bringing excitement and nervousness in equal measure, eh? Nothing like butterflies in the tummy + bright smile on the face, with that twinkle and extra-bright shine in the eyes. ;)

In the end, you can always fuck a duck for good luck. If Mark doesn't object, that is. :D
Old 10-21-2013, 08:16 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
I can totally understand the bit about getting stuck in the wrong job and not being able to do anything about it, which includes changing jobs in the middle of a career. Can't do much but grin and lumber on.

But hey, look on the brighter side. At least there's a job which is keeping you busy with it's share of headaches. All being said, maybe the days after marriage will bring about some changes. Till then, hang in there and keep going.

The impending wedding day must be bringing excitement and nervousness in equal measure, eh? Nothing like butterflies in the tummy + bright smile on the face, with that twinkle and extra-bright shine in the eyes. ;)

In the end, you can always fuck a duck for good luck. If Mark doesn't object, that is. :D
heehee - Thank you, V!