Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-06-2007, 07:06 AM
The Countess

Send a message via Yahoo to Marya Zaleska
The Deadly Grannies Part One

Oh hi once again!

Countess Marya, your Hostess Of The SuperNatural here.

I chose to do a horror host spoof with my writings and called the character Marya Zaleska, Dracula's Daughter.

The character in costume is simply me from a past halloween party dressed as an elderly woman.

If one sees an elderly lady they normally show extra courtesy like walking her across the street, helping her with her groceries, opening a door and so forth.

No one would think to fear an elderly woman.

However, the horror genre has cooked up quite a few deadly old ladies that I call The Deady Grannies.

I am not going to go into great detail but will give you a list of some Deadly Grannies to look out for . They are both males in disguise and females.

I will have to do this in two parts since i can post only 5 photos per blog

The first Deadly Granny is Mrs O'Grady. She is portrayed by Lon Chaney, Senior in The Unholy Three a film made both in a silent version(1925) and a sound film (1930).
Mrs. O'Grady is actually Echo the ventril;iquist in disguise leading a theft ring which ends up in a murder.

The second Deadly Granny is that of Lionel Barrymore in The Devil Doll.
Paul Lavond escapes from Devil's Island and disguises himself an an elderly shopkeeper where he wreaks vengeance on those who had him imprisoned . This is accomplished by way of a process of miniaturizing humans to carry out his orders of vengeance.

The third Deadly Granny is the Widow Fortune portrayed by Bette Davis. The widow appears in the TV mini series The Dark Secret Of Harvest Home in which the town is involved in devil worship, Satanism and human sacrifice and the Widow wreaks her wiles agains't the new young couple that has moved into town.

The fourth Deady Granny is the mother of Norman Bates who runs the Bates Motel. Of course, Mother Bates is Norman dressed up as her. The Bates characters are played by Anthony Perkins.

PLEASE CONTINUE ON TO PART TWO SOME MORE DEADLY GRANNIES!

Your Hostess Of The Supernatural

Countess Marya

The Countess

Last edited by Marya Zaleska; 10-06-2007 at 10:24 AM.