Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-01-2011, 05:43 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
I don't think I will ever like it, hard to believe I bought it on dvd before I'd seen it lol

Oh and just saw "It's Alive" (1974) it's a bad seed movie but with very little of the bad seed-its more about the characterization of its father.
It's Alive is great. Have you seen the remake? That focuses more on the baby. I think i prefer the original though.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:42 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (2011)

One of the best parts that I like in the 1973 original film was its cute little creatures & they were surprisingly adorable. The film was beautifully spooky and one of the best 'made-for-TV' horror films of 70's, IMO. So, in this meaningless remake, the first thing that upset me most was when I found that the creatures got an entirely new look this time & they're somewhat looks like rats! Moreover, they got too much exposure, even there are some moments when they don't even that much bother about the lights; where one of the significant things about the creatures in the original film was they were creatures of the dark...that lives & move around in the dark. Next, their spooky whispering voices aren't that much clear here which they very nicely handled in the original film. And finally, I don't get why nobody made a minimal attempt to save the person that the creatures took away in the final showdown, while he/she was right in front of them & for some good amount of time remained stuck in a pretty unusual place before the creatures do their job.

The original film is also a favorite film of world wide acclaimed film maker Guillermo del Toro who even said "It was something close to my heart for a very long time, We thought the movie was the most terrifying on Earth." So I don’t get if he admire the original film so much then what made him to get involved in this remake where he not only produced it but also co-wrote the screenplay. If it was for money, then I like to say he has done a contradictory thing as being a good fan of the original or if he was thinking to save it from a bad or ridiculous 'remake' treatment then I'd say he succeed 50%...means with a good cast, setting & camera work this is a decent horror film pleasantly suitable for the very young horror fans and surely who haven't seen the original film yet.

>>: B-
Old 10-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Evil is Better

Forget Me Not

The character introduction was a mess. The characters themselves were generic and the acting was wooden. There was absolutely no tension at all and it was pretty boring. I liked the concept of how the game began to happen in real life and that after the characters died, everyone but the main character would forget about them but they didn't develop it well enough. There's nothing special about this movie at all and i wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Forget Me Not

The character introduction was a mess. The characters themselves were generic and the acting was wooden. There was absolutely no tension at all and it was pretty boring. I liked the concept of how the game began to happen in real life and that after the characters died, everyone but the main character would forget about them but they didn't develop it well enough. There's nothing special about this movie at all and i wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

This has been in instaque and I've debated on checking it out. I think I'll skip it now, lol! :D
Old 10-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistinas666 View Post
This has been in instaque and I've debated on checking it out. I think I'll skip it now, lol! :D
Glad i could help you out
Old 10-02-2011, 12:04 AM
Scares Little Kids

Old 10-02-2011, 07:21 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
It's Alive is great. Have you seen the remake? That focuses more on the baby. I think i prefer the original though.
Like zombiedrone said I weren't really sure what to make of it-the spooky fx n soundtrack were very good and I did enjoy watching it but I wouldn't say it was a standout film-not seen the remake.

Just saw Alice, sweet alice aka Communion (1976) which I did enjoy much more than I expected although the "fatso" landlord with the piss stain around his fly will haunt me forever.

Also "Fright" (1971) I'm afraid its another film with an OTT hammy and cheesily unrealistic killer that its impossible to find in any way menacing-nearly switched it off with boredom towards the end. Not worth recommending
Old 10-02-2011, 08:00 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Attack the Block (2011)

>>: C

Drive (2011)

Though there is nothing new if you consider the basic plot of the film but the execution was good...a slow burn heist action-drama with a good cast & quite a 'cool' performance from the lead.

>>: B+
Old 10-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Evil Dead

I watched some crappy movie called "savage county" last night. It had a little blood in it but not enough. I also watched "Laid to Rest" 2 Friday night, its okay but the story has me confused. It had tons of gore in it, thats about all I like about it.

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 11:38 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Hesher (2010)

I think a lot of people will like this movie - Incredibly strong performances from such a great cast (I mean - Rainn Wilson, Joseph Gordon Levitt, - Natalie Portman?!)... It's a sad/angry little "dark comedy" and at first I didn't think I was really enjoying myself... It's not that it was a bad movie - I just get tired of seeing sad/angry people doing sad/angry things... But, ultimately, the ending was phenomenal - One of the best movie endings I've seen. ever. Incredibly moving and powerful.

Ravenous (1999)

Bahaha - This movie went from boring to bad - I just couldn't suspend my believe and spent the latter half of the movie giggling at how seriously it took itself. It was odd, because I had heard such great things about it and some people really seem to like it... But I thought it was actually pretty stupid.

Interesting concept, obviously had funding... But otherwise, totally flopped.

Ive gotta watch "Hesher". My girl and i were going to rent it this week but she seemed disinterested so we got laid to rest 2 instead. I think id like Hesher more

Fulci Lives!!!!