Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-26-2010, 08:26 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The Devils (1971)

I haven't seen much of Oliver Reed's films. But he's undoubtedly one of the greatest and I'm sure this was one of his best performances. Wow...What a film! A very brave & powerful masterpiece from Ken Russel.

>>: A

Sharktopus (2010)

Typical Sy Fy but it was fun to watch anyway.:D

>>: C+
Old 10-26-2010, 09:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManchestrMorgue View Post
Piranha - the remake, watched it on DVD so it was not in 3D.

I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. It was fast paced, and had lots of gore effects. These were quite unrealistic - for example, people having their legs and pelvis stripped to the bone, but still being alive for a significant amount of time. Also, some of the CGI was pretty unrealistic.

But at the end of the day, it was a teen movie with lots of blood. I really think that is all it strived to be, and in that it succeeded.

Totally agree-it did what it intended too. I actually loved it.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Paranormal Activity 2. I was disappointed and let me tell you why. The motherficking MUG. Every kitchen scene the mug was on the counter, never moved. Then it was gone, and I knew to expect a scare. So bogus. Other than that there were two scenes that really scared me, and were quite relentless. Didn't give me breathing room like most horror movies do. I liked that. Again, I say see in in the theater so you don't miss the fun.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:44 PM
Evil Dead

Night of the Demons (Remake)

I have a soft spot for the original,which was modest cheesy fun,but this remake was just dull and (Mercifully) forgettable. 4/10

30 Days of Night-Dark Days

There are one or two good ideas and a handful of effective scenes on offer here.It's a pity the rest of the film suffers from stupid lazy plotting,"smell the fart acting" and some unforgivably poor effects. 4/10

Dawn of the Dead (1978)

My favourite horror film of all time. 10/10
Old 10-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmacabre View Post
Paranormal Activity 2. I was disappointed and let me tell you why. The motherficking MUG. Every kitchen scene the mug was on the counter, never moved. Then it was gone, and I knew to expect a scare. So bogus. Other than that there were two scenes that really scared me, and were quite relentless. Didn't give me breathing room like most horror movies do. I liked that. Again, I say see in in the theater so you don't miss the fun.
Haha, there's also that low rumbling that precedes every big "happening" (except maybe one) in the first AND second film.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Haha, there's also that low rumbling that precedes every big "happening" (except maybe one) in the first AND second film.
but in this one I noticed a few places where they did the noise and no happening. Oh and can we talk about Hollywood Archetypes. Way too many of them. Oh what's that? A spanish live in nanny, she must be Catholic and know a lot of shit about exorcisms. djkfhsjdjhdjhjk. I liked it better with no plot and a small budget.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:50 PM
Evil Dead

Triple Play:

Camille: Sienna Miller and James Franco a GEM.

Two classics:

The Blob: Steven McQueen

Carnival of Souls
Old 10-26-2010, 09:51 PM
For Vendetta

I think anthology horror films really get you into the perfect Halloween mood.

Took a break from the spook-athon...

Never read the comic, and this felt like a modern take on the much loved A-Team-esque storyline. My only gripe...both the leads - the hero and the villain - were particularly bland inspite of the in-depth characters they portrayed. Someone like Robert Downey Jr could have nailed it. Overall, a nice action entertainer to be watched on a weekend.

And boy, is Zoe Saldana smoking or what!
Old 10-27-2010, 04:49 AM
Bad Natured

Sleepaway Camp (1983). Don't let the bad acting and horrible dialog fool ya, this cheezy horror flick from the 80s has matured quite nicely into a well-deserved cult classic. In fact, the silliness of this flick might just be a red herring, fooling the viewer into thinking that this will be nothing less than stupid, luring him in until it is too late with its sucker punch twist. The acting was short of bad, only made worse with boys and men sporting short-shorts and half-tops. The kills were contrived but malicious, with one especially gruesome kill. Interspersed between the smarm are flashes that something worse might be afoot, and the ending serves the shocking denouement with spicy resolve. Don't let the beginning turn your attention horror fans, as determined couch time will lead to greater than expected rewards. Merci beaucoup.
Genruk

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:22 AM
Evil Dead

Doghouse: Another movie where the title makes no sense. "Doghouse" has no relation whatsoever to the film, but they do mention "cathouse" as a somewhat important plot point. So maybe they got confused when they made the posters? I'm not sure, but it gives you an idea about the whole movie in general. It's ok at best. There are some pretty funny bits, but it's not consistent. There are some juicy, gory scenes, but for the most part the gore is left to props laying about the town. Very little is done on the fly. The story is interesting enough, but I found the ridiculous acting by the women to really take away from the movie as a whole.