Old 04-29-2004, 10:22 AM
PRIVATE EYE

Send a message via AIM to nine9
Northfork

It is about a town that was evacuated because the government wanted to put a lake on the land for some new developments.

It is also about a very sick boy a priest caring for him and angels.

A group of gypsy angels who are very strange are staying in one of the abandoned houses looking for another angel. The boy meets them, and tries to convince them that he is the angel they are looking for. Very surreal. There is questoin to whether they are real or in his mind, although things happen to show they are real. Boy this is a hard one to explain!

Daryl Hannah is one of the angels, and Anthony Edwards. Peter Cayote and James Woods are also in this. It is a pretty new release.

Interesting that this was an actual town and the flood story was true. They filmed it there and used the lake in many scenes.

Gotta move my but now. I have to go to my PM shift early.

Talk to you later, have a great day till then! If it is day where you are.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:22 AM
Also known as newb

Good to see some people actually discussing horror movies.
I'm at work ,so if I dissapear its because the bosses are lurking.

Since watching "The Eye" I've been searching for some good foreign horror. I bought "Ju-On The Grudge" and "Versus" but haven't watched them yet. I have also heard of "Dark Water" and will be picking that one up. Another one thats supposed to be pretty good is "Kairo" , I think it may go by the name of "Pulse" as well.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:28 AM
Analrapist

the american remake of dark water is supposed to be coming out soon... that pisses me off. wonder why they can't just release the original ( which i found great )

Thug means never having to say you're sorry.
Old 04-29-2004, 12:11 PM
Also known as newb

Typical American corporate greed. We see a chance to make a buck and we go for it. Is that a bad thing....sometimes. A couple of examples of movies "AMERICANIZED" where the original was far superior. [ again, IMO ] "La Femme Nikata","The Vanishing" which I think was directed by the same as the original. I didn't see the original "Ring" [ Ringu ] so I can't comment on that.And look what we did to John Woo. Has he made a good movie since we got a hold of him?
Old 04-29-2004, 04:50 PM
PRIVATE EYE

Hi, back again!

Budman, I agree with every word you said! Johnny woo's American movies are just annoying. Why must everything be re- made? It's like all the songs that have been redone.

Can't anyone come up with their OWN original idea without just trying to cash in on someone elses??????????

I won't see the Dark Water remake until I see the original.

Here's a worse crime, a movie copy of a remake like fear. com copying the Ring which copied Ringu. LOTS OF THESE!

That move, fear, was just pathetic! Maybe if we had seen it first, but PLEASE!
Old 04-29-2004, 05:01 PM
Analrapist

i concur.

the original "nikita" was an incredible movie and then they just had to go and make " point of no return"... ugh ! budman, you should really see "ring" the original version. i think it was far more creepier than it's american remake which didn't do much for me. i've yet to see some of john woo's work before he became so americanized. if anyone could recommend me something, that would be nice !

Thug means never having to say you're sorry.
Old 04-29-2004, 05:08 PM
PRIVATE EYE

Right!

You are so right, Ringu WAS Better!
Old 04-29-2004, 05:58 PM
Also known as newb

Quote:
Originally posted by hellfire1
i concur.

the original "nikita" was an incredible movie and then they just had to go and make " point of no return"... ugh ! budman, you should really see "ring" the original version. i think it was far more creepier than it's american remake which didn't do much for me. i've yet to see some of john woo's work before he became so americanized. if anyone could recommend me something, that would be nice !
"The Killer", "Hard-Boiled", "A Bullet in the Head". All great John Woo movies.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:17 PM
Fool's follow

Send a message via Yahoo to feral cat
Re: Northfork

Quote:
Originally posted by nine9
It is also about a very sick boy a priest caring for him and angels.
A group of gypsy angels who are very strange are staying in one of the abandoned houses looking for another angel. The boy meets them, and tries to convince them that he is the angel they are looking for. Very surreal. There is questoin to whether they are real or in his mind, although things happen to show they are real. Boy this is a hard one to explain!
I have to see this now ... and with James Woods, he is so cool!!!!

Feral Cat

ispitonyourmovie.com

REVIEWS

isoymAsia

Forum
Old 04-29-2004, 06:25 PM
Fool's follow

Send a message via Yahoo to feral cat
Budman and hellfire1 I have to agree with you both about the remakes, its sad that people can’t enjoy a movie unless it’s given the white American touch! Ringu is one of the only movies to ever really scare me! US ring was ok to watch but not even close on the fear!

… The killer along with hard boiled was the movie that changed the way action is shot all over the world, I think maybe it’s the perfect action movie, Chow yung fat was so good, he too is lame now he’s in Hollywood! …Along these lines I would also recommend “A better tomorrow” and “God of Gamblers”

The original Vanishing was really disturbing as a Dutch/French co-production when it was remade it seemed like a mid afternoon TV movie!

Funny thing though there was a remake thread a while ago and everyone was desperate for movies to be remade, I just don’t get it I want new and original … I think that’s why I’m always searching the bottom shelf for the movies no one watches hoping to get lucky!

… I just watched the devils backbone again and I really can’t recommend it enough as a ghost story, not really scary, but beautiful and sad!

Feral Cat

ispitonyourmovie.com

REVIEWS

isoymAsia

Forum

Last edited by feral cat; 04-29-2004 at 06:28 PM.