Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > New Member Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-07-2003, 12:41 AM
vealchops

greetings

I just finished watching "Tapes of Wrath" (Ministry DVD), and it had a website for them...somehow I ended up here. For the most part, most horror movies don't phase me, I guess I like the psychological scary flicks, or the ones that include supernatural themes, and they're far and few between.

Might have something to do with the fact that at the ripe age of four I walked into my parents bedroom one late night and caught the "blood-rushing-from-the-elevator" scene from The Shining, with Doc freaking out. Talk about life altering event. Hence the avatar. Think back to the very first movie that spooked you and how old you were....I'm curious to hear about when others popped their cherry.

I'm a dirty 30 chic, into clever movies, a wide variety of music (alternative, industrial, electronic being the faves) and I enjoy writing on-line and in journals.
(afterthought: as I sit and ponder how to end this, Rob Zombie's Dragula is going round in circles in my head, and it won't leave)

Maybe I don't have a place here, I'm sure someone will let me know, but I'm a forum addict and I'm probably here to stay (as you recoil in horror). I guess my definition of a clever horror flick is broader than just gore and chainsaws. If the intent of horror is to scare, then unfortunately there are only a few movies that have really scared the shit outta me.

Wish I could be a kid again so I can get scared. (sigh)
Old 10-10-2003, 01:04 PM
Living Dead

Welcome 'vealchops'!

If you love horror then you have a place here. That's the bottom line, whether or not you like the "gore or chainsaws" matters not at all. (In my opinion anyhow!)

Well, I feel like a real nerd saying this but the first movie that spooked me, and keep in mind I was young...like 4-6, was Night of the Lepus (thanks to the author poster who found me the name:D ) which is about...wait for it...gigantic bunnies. Yup, big rabbits. Terrifying or what?! Hey, I was little! In any case I've been hooked ever since...well, ever since the nightmares about the bunnies went away :rolleyes: .

So, welcome and enjoy the site!

Carrie
Old 10-12-2003, 01:59 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to roguesblight Send a message via Yahoo to roguesblight
Night of the Lepus.....that scared the sh*t outta me when I was a wee lass. My first was a movie I have yet to identify. I know it had a giant invisible monster outside of a house with people trapped in it. And the ground trembled with every step it took, but no one seems to know the name of this movie. But now I'm like you, I just can't seem to get scared. I still love the horror, doesn't matter if it's gore or mental, I love 'em all! That's one reason I have liked this sight, they talk about 'em all! I plan on sticking around a while, hope you do too!
Old 10-12-2003, 07:44 AM
Living Dead

Send a message via ICQ to SCREAMERatorX Send a message via AIM to SCREAMERatorX Send a message via Yahoo to SCREAMERatorX
hiya , vealchops: interesting post.... ((and repliers))
I havnt c'n "Tapes of Wrath" ...
but i watched "dead-alive" 2nite,
very funny!! 'realistic' guts and gore, great Fx but nowhere near my top100. Peter Jackson had 2 start somewhere!!

I also enjoy horror movies with a supernatural theme, the ones that have a bit of thought involved in the storyline, movies that explore topics which are outside the conventional way of human function.... scientifically explainable, yet unbelievable.....
even if its only on TV (((and OF COURSE never REAL!!))) I like 2 watch things that r unseen 2 the 'normal' eye, spiritual almost, but not in a casper the ghost sense.... psychologically thrilling and challenging ones mind 2 think outside the triangle.

... but... im just a mid20 bloke from the land some call down under(down under the rug maybe),, the wonder world of OZ,, the movie making capital of the world at the moment.....why is that... oh yeah..... coz we're cheap and, shit, do we make a good flick!! not many well known Aussie Homegrown Horror... anyone seen "Razorback"?? its about a wild bore going boontA through a small aussie outback town near Broken Hill.....

I think if theres a place 4 me on this forum, theres gotta be a place 4 any1!! right..... wrong.........does n matter, as long as u enjoy it.....whatever your it maybe... mines having a smoke break.

bye4now.
Old 10-12-2003, 10:57 AM
Evil Dead

Hellcomes vealchops .. welcome to our little home of horror. interesting post...
Old 06-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Horror Fan

Welcome to the forum.

Old 06-08-2013, 03:44 AM

Hi and welcome!:)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Duchess