Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Scares Little Kids

Happy Halloween - a short film

hello peeps. here is a wee film for u from me for halloween.

this is my 3rd short film, it was put together quickly, some of it planned and some improved but i really wanted to do something for the best holiday of the year :)

enjoy, and Happy Halloween :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV5m-9YBYVU&hd=1
Old 10-16-2010, 04:08 PM
I Just Don't Give a Damn.

Location: in your house standing behind you with a chrome ball of death
great vid I highly enjoyed it. You should try to get it into a horror film festival.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:47 AM
Scares Little Kids

thanks i'm glad u liked it :)
Old 10-21-2010, 04:53 AM
Cranky

Good points: Thank you for actually choosing shots and editing them together, unlike 90% of the amateur films posted here, which just point the camera and film whatever they see. Nice technique of using the black & white vs. the color.

Bad points: I'm not sure I understand what happened. At first I was confused at the point at which it changes from b&w to color, but now I think it might have to do with the character's points of view.

Bottom line: Good effort. Keep making films. You try different things, which is good.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 10-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Banned

I gotta agree with Neverending....a bit confusing but overall an excellent job.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:58 AM
Scares Little Kids

thanks for your replies :)

i guess, confusion, it is a 'problem' just now. my shorts are specifically designed for learning and testing ideas out for bigger projects. not everything works but i try to do things my own way and learn from mistakes.

neverending. i guess your name and thoughts are the closest anyone has got to figuring out the story. the colour parts are the only parts that are actually set in 'black and white' as it were.
the b&w scenes are actually the grey area. that is open to perception... a parallel perception was kind of the idea behind everything in the room, everything in the room is b&w.

it was difficult to something so quickly and get everything across clearly, the end of the chase was improved in 10 mins or so. but i might do a 2nd part, to continue the story. i just tell the story in my own way and i guess as in real life not many people get me :confused:
Old 10-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Cranky

Well, you can say "nobody understands me" but it's an artist's job to communicate, eh? So, if people don't understand what an artist is saying, he's not doing his job well enough. That said, these are experiments, as you say, so I look forward to more polished work from you in the future.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Scares Little Kids

yeah maybe. it's not that i couldn't tell an obvious linear story, but to me that is boring, it makes sense to me and an artist doesn't create things for other people. essentially i make these for myself, they make me think, if other people want to think about it it's up to them. it is what is. people don't like what they don't understand, my next might be based on 'the yellow wallpaper' so i doubt many people will 'get' that either.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Cranky

---------------------------

Meh- never mind. Your whining about not being understood has more to do with being a teenager than with anything having to do with the artistic process.

Last edited by neverending; 10-22-2010 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Why bother?
Old 10-22-2010, 02:50 PM
Scares Little Kids

yeah maybe thats how it came across. thats why i like photography and film-making, so i can express myself without having to explain myself. guess i learnt another lesson, never try to defend your work.