Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-14-2013, 05:36 AM
Herald of Madness

Interview with Filmmaker Paul Nandzik about "After the Infection"

On a rather hot day in July, Creed and I went to interview the cast and crew of a local film shoot for a film titled “After the Infection”. Local productions are the backbone of the Pittsburgh Film Industry and getting to know the minds behind these projects is truly endearing. This was my first time on a film set since back in the days of Pittsburgh Filmmakers…10+ years ago. OK, Now I’m just making myself feel old.

So we filed on into the building amid a group of makeup clad men and women. You could tell the job was quality because in spite of the rising heat, the makeup didn’t melt off their faces. Everyone was in good spirits and essentially “hanging around the water cooler” until production was to begin.
Examination
Speaking with the extras was a good time. I found that they either knew the writer, Paul, personally or from an ad he posted about the film. They couldn’t think of a better way to spend a Saturday afternoon than in heavy makeup and sweltering heat. These are true signs of a film enthusiast. For now they were cool as cucumbers just talking about movies and cracking jokes. I sat with them while they were getting “dirtied up” talking about local films and what they had done-or what they hope to do in the next few years. Some were film veterans, others were still in school-the future of film.

In the basement I started speaking to a girl solely on the premise of her commenting on my Spinal Tap T-shirt. *Insert bonus punk rock points here*. Conversation went from Spinal Tap to Best in show to….dogs. She showed me pictures of her adorable furball and the interview began.

Rest of the interview continued here.