Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-08-2021, 07:39 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKiller View Post
Susie Q, 1996? The movie nobody else seems to remember?
Yes
Old 08-08-2021, 11:13 PM
Evil Dead

NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1990). Remake of the seminal 1968 classic isn't as bad as it's been given to be, but a lot of gaffes dilute what could have been more enjoyable. As much as I like Romero, He really should not have written the script as too close to heart and also He declared publicly that He was doing it strictly for a chance for the original investors to make some money back. Scenes that are all but copies of the original and just becomes silly towards the end with a less than impressive finish.
Cast isn't bad...Tony Todd is probably the best choice for Ben and Patricia Tallman (KNIGHTRIDERS, MONKEY SHINES etc) makes a more assertive Barbara, even if the hairstyle is hideous. The rest of the cast are not really impressive, even normally reliable Tom Towles.
Also, the Zombies here just are not scary (unlike the Creepy ones in the '68 version), despite the good makeup job here. It also drives Me nuts how the film seems to start in early afternoon and also how the kitchen door window stays broken for so long.
This was Tom Savini's Directorial film debut and he has related that it was an awful experience for him with Exec producers John Russo and Russ Streiner shooting down any ideas He may have had. He probably wanted to get it over with, which may explain the sluggish tone that occurs. **1/2
Old 08-09-2021, 12:26 AM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1990). Remake of the seminal 1968 classic isn't as bad as it's been given to be, but a lot of gaffes dilute what could have been more enjoyable. As much as I like Romero, He really should not have written the script as too close to heart and also He declared publicly that He was doing it strictly for a chance for the original investors to make some money back. Scenes that are all but copies of the original and just becomes silly towards the end with a less than impressive finish.
Cast isn't bad...Tony Todd is probably the best choice for Ben and Patricia Tallman (KNIGHTRIDERS, MONKEY SHINES etc) makes a more assertive Barbara, even if the hairstyle is hideous. The rest of the cast are not really impressive, even normally reliable Tom Towles.
Also, the Zombies here just are not scary (unlike the Creepy ones in the '68 version), despite the good makeup job here. It also drives Me nuts how the film seems to start in early afternoon and also how the kitchen door window stays broken for so long.
This was Tom Savini's Directorial film debut and he has related that it was an awful experience for him with Exec producers John Russo and Russ Streiner shooting down any ideas He may have had. He probably wanted to get it over with, which may explain the sluggish tone that occurs. **1/2
I saw this way before the original. Before I knew the 1990 version was a remake.

And I love Barbara's haircut and that final shot.
Old 08-09-2021, 12:34 AM
Immortal horror fan

Wrong Turn (Remake) -

Seems like the studio got the memo on the casting for this one. It's kind of funny. They only missed having an Asian character or African American female character. They could have squeezed them in somewhere as school friends of the lost group.

Still I found the movie kind of entertaining up to the twist.

SPOILERS!!!!!

SPOILERS!!!!! SPOILERS!!!!!

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok. I thought that Wrong Turn was supposed to be about Redneck inbred mutants or something. That seems to be what I caught in the pieces of the others that I saw on TV. But apparently this new one decided that The Village had a good twist and they used that. I don't hate The Village but it's not a movie I'll ever see again. I was ahead on the twist in The Village because Shamalan always has a cameo appearance. So I knew he wasn't going to play a Native American character.

But back to Wrong Turn. It's like they couldn't fully decide on who they wanted to play the bad guys. It's all over the place. And then the lead girl makes I guess decisions based on their situation. But towards the end I was thinking why are you carrying this guy's baby? I really didn't like her character at that halfway point and then didn't care about the movie.

I'll still check out the original movies. But this felt like a waste to me. The best things in the movie are the overhead shots of the dense forest. I like the idea that anything can be out there. However there are far better movies than this with that subject.
Old 08-09-2021, 11:20 AM
No, fuck YOU

The Suicide Squad 8/10

Much better than the first. This one I actually liked.
Old 08-09-2021, 05:52 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Much better than the first. This one I actually liked.
I mean, with a bar set so low it's underground, this wouldn't be difficult...
Though, good to hear. Have loved the various iterations of the comics over the year...and while I think it would work better as a series, it's nice to know it's improved.

Quote:
Wrong Turn (Remake)
Far Cry 5: The movie.
Yeah, I didn't hate it or anything - but they really ought to have called it something else to avoid the comparisons to the earlier series.

When I heard it was a remake, I was looking forward to something that represents more like what the first one was on tone, darker, grittier, less comedy, maybe a different version (but not that different) of the villain/s, or like, a different setting showing the family was bigger than we thought it was.

Ah well.
Old 08-10-2021, 04:48 AM
This is a test

DEADLY MANOR 1990

A group of teens stop for the night in an abandoned house with a strange car parked on a pedestal in the yard.

Not scary but fun.
Old 08-10-2021, 07:11 AM
Living Dead

Thumb resize.

11/10

Re-watched last night this masterpiece, the first time since my childhood. Was worried it would suck, but what a ride!

The two Peters were incredible actors, just incredible.
Cannot say what I liked more, the comedy, the atmosphere, the cast, the location, the plot. Everything comes together so smoothly.

Last edited by Ringo; 08-10-2021 at 07:12 AM.
Old 08-10-2021, 07:28 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
Thumb resize.

11/10

Re-watched last night this masterpiece, the first time since my childhood. Was worried it would suck, but what a ride!

The two Peters were incredible actors, just incredible.
Cannot say what I liked more, the comedy, the atmosphere, the cast, the location, the plot. Everything comes together so smoothly.
YES!
Old 08-10-2021, 11:47 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
Mischief night 2014

Tags
movie