Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-20-2012, 07:00 PM
Evil is Better

Watched these to get myself psyched for Dark Knight Rises which i'm seeing on Sunday

Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter

I liked the basic story in this one. Jason heads home, wonders who the fuck all these people are and starts killing. My only comment on is this movie is that obviously by the title someone at some point had meant for this to be the last one. If that had been true, it would have been a pretty pathetic way to end the series and Jason himself. Although Jason Goes To Hell was a pretty terrible way to end it too.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:29 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Seriously recommended. 4/5.
I am so glad you liked it. Everyone around me didn't like it too much and we are pretty much in the minority for this one.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:34 PM
No, fuck YOU

"The Haunting of Whaley House" 7-8/10

Maybe except for the medium (the only person who wasn't hysteric) the entire cast was beyond unbearable. But holy hell did the cheap jump scares work well. Almost gave me a heart attack several times.

Recommended for the haunted house fans.

Last edited by Angra; 07-20-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:00 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Very strange, interesting though meandering at times. It ends on suck a shocker. Some great acting in it too.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:22 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
I am so glad you liked it. Everyone around me didn't like it too much and we are pretty much in the minority for this one.
Oh, weird - I thought it was pretty favored around here (then again when people were posting about it I skipped reviews so as not to spoil it for me).

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 07-21-2012, 06:02 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post

Finally got around to seeing this movie and found it truly unsettling and unnerving. Utterly brilliant acting all around - Tilda Swinton as the overwrought mother is absolutely breathtaking and sad. This is a really well-done true "Bad Seed" movie - Kevin is horrifying and Eva, the mother, is both sympathetic and also despicable.

Seriously recommended. 4/5.
Oh, glad you liked this one:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Just give me the names, buddy! I'll recommend them Creature & The Bunny Game back to back!:mad:
Old 07-21-2012, 06:30 AM
Pirate of Bengal

[Rec.] 2 (2009)

Saw it only once before, just gave it a watch again to refresh the memory.

[REC.]3 Genesis (2012)

It was definitely a fun watch considering a zombie outbreak-like film but as a part of REC. franchise it quite significantly lacks the intensity & thrill of first 2 films. Though it wasn't an issue but just FYI, this is the 1st film in the series where they use the POV format only for the first 15 to 20 minutes then filmed the rest like a regular movie. Yeah...there are some clues about its particular 'outbreak' but the mystery & the shock value which they nicely carried in the first 2 parts are almost absent here. Disappointed to say but to me, this is more of a zombedy than a REC film.

>>: B-

American Reunion (2012)

>>: C
Old 07-21-2012, 09:28 PM
Didn't Shoot Bill Murray

Shutter Island- I've seen this movie a few times before and I really like it; it makes me want to read the book. It seems like people either love or hate this movie.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:59 PM
Banned

batman begins

the one batman movie i hadnt seen .was good ,not quite as good as the darknight.was allmost like a matial arts type film.looking foward to seeing the new one....lucky we dont have guns on easy acsess in nz ;)
Old 07-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Evil is Better

The Dark Knight Rises

I remember having a conversation with my brother awhile back that i hadnt seen a really epic movie any more. The kind that just seems big and important.

Well i just saw one.

This was incredible. The perfect way to end the trilogy. So much is tied in with the other previous films that instead of it just being the third and last, it encompasses everything.

I had some complaints at first though. There were parts in the beginning that dragged and there were a lot of new characters and at points it didnt even feel like a Batman movie but once you get to the end, you can see that all the parts that dragged were just good story building. The characters were all done well unlike bloated movies like Spiderman 3 and i absolutely loved the ending. I can't think of a better way for them to end it.