Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-06-2011, 01:15 PM
From The Beyond

I'll also add

Wolf Creek
The Lost

For having the most ridiculously unbelievable serial killers and characters you hate even more.

The White Ribbon-the most condescending and patronising film ever-Michael Haneke really lost the plot with this-watch instead The Piano Teacher, Hidden or even the original Funny Games-Haneke's far superior back catalogue.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
I'll also add

Wolf Creek
The Lost

For having the most ridiculously unbelievable serial killers and characters you hate even more.

The White Ribbon-the most condescending and patronising film ever-Michael Haneke really lost the plot with this-watch instead The Piano Teacher, Hidden or even the original Funny Games-Haneke's far superior back catalogue.
If you're talking about the Jack Ketchum adaptation then i somewhat agree with you. I was really disappointed in it but i wouldnt say it was one of the worst i've ever seen.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Scares Little Kids

I would have to say either Human Centipede or Frozen. Human Centipede had a very stupid concept, and Frozen...Frozen was just stupid all around.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by yblehsspot View Post
I would have to say either Human Centipede or Frozen. Human Centipede had a very stupid concept, and Frozen...Frozen was just stupid all around.
Seriously? I loved Frozen. Probably one of the best movies i saw that year.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Seriously? I loved Frozen. Probably one of the best movies i saw that year.
Lol. The characters just drove me insane. That and the stupid decisions they made. I was face-palming alot during that movie, like if you jump from a major height- 1. You're prob not going to live, and 2. Why would you attempt to land on your feet?? But the major issues I had was just their stupidity.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Lol. The characters just drove me insane. That and the stupid decisions they made. I was face-palming alot during that movie, like if you jump from a major height- 1. You're prob not going to live, and 2. Why would you attempt to land on your feet?? But the major issues I had was just their stupidity.
Yeah the jump was pretty stupid but they were cold, scared and desperate. So obviously they werent thinking clearly. As for landing on his feet, i'm sure thats not what he was shooting for. He had been sitting on the lift for awhile in the freezing cold so he was probably pretty stiff or numb and i'm not sure how easy it is to position yourself from falling. I didnt really notice any other stupid decisions they made though. I thought the characters were really well done and felt real.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Yeah the jump was pretty stupid but they were cold, scared and desperate. So obviously they werent thinking clearly. As for landing on his feet, i'm sure thats not what he was shooting for. He had been sitting on the lift for awhile in the freezing cold so he was probably pretty stiff or numb and i'm not sure how easy it is to position yourself from falling. I didnt really notice any other stupid decisions they made though. I thought the characters were really well done and felt real.
There were times where I feel that they could have done better. However, I do agree with your comment about the characters, they were pretty good, as was the acting. It was pretty believable. And it was a pretty enjoyable movie- well minus the fact they were in a horrible situation haha. Maybe I should watch it again.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
There were times where I feel that they could have done better. However, I do agree with your comment about the characters, they were pretty good, as was the acting. It was pretty believable. And it was a pretty enjoyable movie- well minus the fact they were in a horrible situation haha. Maybe I should watch it again.
There probably was more that they could have done but that was something i liked about it. Whenever people watch movies like this they always yell at the characters to do certain things, things you see characters do in action movies. I don't mean crazy fighting or anything but an instant reaction and clear thinking to a situation. That doesnt happen in real life. It's easy to be calm and rational when you're sitting and watching a movie but placed in a situation like that yourself, you'd probably be more apt to freak out and make bad choices. So i liked that aspect about it.

There are a lot of horror movies that do that however where it doesnt come over right and those times i don't like it. But it played out well in Frozen, i thought.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
There probably was more that they could have done but that was something i liked about it. Whenever people watch movies like this they always yell at the characters to do certain things, things you see characters do in action movies. I don't mean crazy fighting or anything but an instant reaction and clear thinking to a situation. That doesnt happen in real life. It's easy to be calm and rational when you're sitting and watching a movie but placed in a situation like that yourself, you'd probably be more apt to freak out and make bad choices. So i liked that aspect about it.

There are a lot of horror movies that do that however where it doesnt come over right and those times i don't like it. But it played out well in Frozen, i thought.
I tried to remember that it's more realistic but for some reason it still annoyed the hell outta me. I guess it's just because I'm more of a naturally calm person who thinks majorly before I act and aways forces myself to be calm no matter what happens...hmmm...you do make a ton of great points though, I have to say.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
I tried to remember that it's more realistic but for some reason it still annoyed the hell outta me. I guess it's just because I'm more of a naturally calm person who thinks majorly before I act and aways forces myself to be calm no matter what happens...hmmm...you do make a ton of great points though, I have to say.
Well i guess if you ever get stuck in a ski-lift you'll be good then lol. Honestly theres nothing wrong if you didnt like the movie. Not everyone is going to like all the same stuff. I myself just really enjoyed it.