Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Fear scented candle

Why?!

Okay, vent in the form of a question.. they are intended to be rhetorical, but if anyone has an actual answer for it, feel free to respond:

WHY would anyone cast Bryce Dallas Howard in a movie after seeing the Village? She is god awful... I didnt realise she was supposed to be blind at firstm because she kept fucking up and looking at things... (I know mr Shyamalan likes her, but i mean, anyone with taste)

Why do people continue to insist Mr Shyamalan is a genius? He is barely creative and tries way to hard since his first movie... They are now all too-somber and trying desperately to have incredible twist endings, and they dont.

why did anyone give Courtney Solomon the money to make An American Haunting? Didnt they see Dungeons and Dragons?

Why wont paris hilton go away?
Old 01-03-2007, 11:42 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodstok View Post
why did anyone give Courtney Solomon the money to make An American Haunting? Didnt they see Dungeons and Dragons?
Because he made money off it. And he made a TON off of An American Haunting, because he distributed it himself. And his distribution company was responsible for the After Dark Horror Film Festival that played all over the U.S.

He's great with money and great in the room, so you'll have the pleasure of seeing more and more films from him in the future...sorry.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 01-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Fear scented candle

great, so he has managed to squeeze into the same cosmic loophole as uwe boll... Just great....

And both of them got their first opportunity because they were funded by inheritance or rich mommies....

Godamnit... Stupid white trash background (kicks pebble)
Old 01-03-2007, 11:50 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Makes you want to leave a whole pile of cash for your little one, huh?

But I always joke with the boys that they'll never see a penny from me - I'm gonna spend it all and then sponge off of them in my golden years.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 01-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Fear scented candle

Well, you could always do what supposedly Bill gates said he would do with his kids, if they can make a million (or two or three) by a certain age, they can inheret his money, otherwise, it goes to charity.

Dont actually think he said it, but the concept is sound.

It really drives me nuts the number of untalented people who get to DO what many of us dream about, and they dont appreciate it at all, and tin those two cases, they have no idea they suck....

part of the reason i hate solomon's crap is that it is done in such a way that it is clear the person who made it thought they did a great job...
Old 01-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Why do people continue to insist Mr Shyamalan is a genius? He is barely creative and tries way to hard since his first movie... They are now all too-somber and trying desperately to have incredible twist endings, and they dont.
Don't think he's a genius but I liked 3 out of the 4 movies I've seen of his.

Loved Unbreakable
Really Liked Sixth Sense
Liked Signs
Old 01-03-2007, 12:05 PM
I ain't afraid'a no ghost

Send a message via MSN to stygianwitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Don't think he's a genius but I liked 3 out of the 4 movies I've seen of his.

Loved Unbreakable
Really Liked Sixth Sense
Liked Signs
didn't think much of unbreakable
loved sixth sense
liked signs

how much flaming am i likely to get if i tell y'all *i enjoyed The Village :o *

DVD
Old 01-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Fear scented candle

sixth sense and unbreakable were really good. I have gotten tired of signs, the more i watch it, the more his smugness creeps through. By the time i saw the Village i was done with him. I figured it out in 30 minutes, and just thought it was awful. i refuse to see the lady in the water.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Filmmaker

Send a message via AIM to BlackSunProductions
Quote:
Okay, vent in the form of a question.. they are intended to be rhetorical, but if anyone has an actual answer for it, feel free to respond:

WHY would anyone cast Bryce Dallas Howard in a movie after seeing the Village? She is god awful... I didnt realise she was supposed to be blind at firstm because she kept fucking up and looking at things... (I know mr Shyamalan likes her, but i mean, anyone with taste)

Why wont paris hilton go away?
1) Because she's Ron Howard's daughter which brings star power and, more than likely, daddy's money.

2) If he was any kind of genius, he would have held off on The Sixth Sense until later in his carreer. Then, maybe his twists would seem more twisted to us.

3) Because hollywood producers are bankers not D&D fans. 90% of the D&D players I talked to hated the movie. Honestly, tricking the Beholder by throwing a stick like it was a fucking dog was going way over the top.

4) Better asked... Why is Paris Hilton famous?

Old 01-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSunProductions View Post
3) Because hollywood producers are bankers not D&D fans. 90% of the D&D players I talked to hated the movie. Honestly, tricking the Beholder by throwing a stick like it was a fucking dog was going way over the top.

4) Better asked... Why is Paris Hilton famous?
Re: 4; She sucked rick solomon's dick and it got out. tada....

3: Allow me to wax geek for a moment....

Beholders are supposed to be genius level creatures... And that little twit claimed to be a passionate hardcore d&d player...

The rug of smothering was a pit of oatmeal... God, it just missed EVERYTHING that would have made it good, or even given d&d geeks something to like.