Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-20-2006, 04:20 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Martin

I could have swore that there was already a thread on this, but my search didnt bring up anything...

Ive been wanting to see this for a long time, and now it's finally on it's way to me from Zip. I've heared great things; what are your thoughts on it?

It should be here by Monday or so...cant wait! (Along with Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter, which Im equally excited about)
Old 12-20-2006, 04:24 PM
Your funeral... my trial

I love it. One of the best vampire films ever made, in my opinion. If you're used to the Anne Rice style pretty boy bloodsuckers, Martin will be a real eye opener. It strips all the glamour and romance from the vampire legend, and what's left is a gruesome and horrifying creature. Excellent choice.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:39 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

I absolutely love this film and believe it's Romero's 2nd best work as a director - behind his pitch-perfect Night of the Living Dead.

It's weird and deconstructive, yet somehow just a touch supernatural. The juxtuposition of Martin's fantasy life and the reality of his situation is as brutal as it is comedic.

Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 12-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
I could have swore that there was already a thread on this, but my search didnt bring up anything...

Ive been wanting to see this for a long time, and now it's finally on it's way to me from Zip. I've heared great things; what are your thoughts on it?

It should be here by Monday or so...cant wait! (Along with Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter, which Im equally excited about)

you're really going to love Captain Kronos ..

both are great films ...
Old 12-20-2006, 05:37 PM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

ive wanted to see this just cause i have a freaky friend called that and we were gonna get the dvd but it was a stupid price in virgin when we went in last friday

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"
Old 12-20-2006, 05:38 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
i think i made a thread on this. damn long time ago.

anyway, i would like to see Romero's take on vampires.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 12-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
I know I'm not adding anything new, but just wanna chime in and say that it is brilliant. my third favorite Romero movie.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:09 PM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

Yes...Captain Kronos is a lot of fun, a good complement to Martin, definitely. Nice mixture there! Two very offbeat vampire flicks.

Friend....gooooood!

Old 01-01-2007, 04:18 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Well to be honest, I really didnt think it was all it's cracked up to be.

Great concept behind it, but wasnt very well executed IMO. Brutal pacing and a really boring score killed it for me. I really liked the "Count" scenes when he was talking to the DJ...but that was about it.

I'll give it another chance sometime though...didnt like Dawn of the Dead the first time I watched it either.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:03 AM
Your funeral... my trial

Aw, too bad. I guess it's not for everyone though. It probably didn't help that you had everyone here building it up to be a masterpiece. When I first saw it, I'd never even heard of it before, just went into it completely cold. I guess that's why it seemed to damn cool to me.