Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-06-2015, 05:44 AM
Hellraiser

Goodnight Mommy

not sure if Goodnight Mommy has been talked about yet, I am brand new here.

it was finally released in the USA, and was an amazing well done movie. Not really scary horror movie, but definitely a mind bender, where you find yourself not knowing what to think and questioning yourself throughout.

I dont want to say much on it, but when I read the director and writers aspect on this, and reasoning of what its all about, it was a very intriguing aspect... and it really made a great movie. well done, well set up, a great watch that will keep you thinking on it after it is over.

anyone else thoughts???
Old 10-06-2015, 06:31 AM
Evil Dead

It's really grown on me. I wasn't initially impressed, but after thinking about the movie more, I've come to really appreciate it. It's a disturbing, brutal look at depression, and I think the movie works much better as a drama than a horror film.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:48 AM
Hellraiser

there is a lot of emotional and mental struggle throughout the whole movie by the main characters, and the interactions were struggling too. Its definitely more of a psychological horror.

the aspects of the actual torture though is extremely disturbing on how they occurred and from whom... i guess i read that couple people actually passed out in the theaters during the movie... as well as a few critics actually got up and left the theater during it as well.

once again the explanation of the writers and director of where the idea and aspect of this movie came from is extremely intriguing, which got me so interested in this movie!!!