Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-14-2015, 07:27 PM
Horror Author

Alien: Isolation

Oh man. This is definitely one of the most frightening games I've ever played. Perfect portrayal of the scare factor the series originally intended. The thing can catch you and kill you anywhere, and at any time. Every little sound makes you worry that it's coming for you, and every noise you make makes you cringe, because you just know it's listening. And when everyone and everything else on the ship seems to want you dead, it's just that much more stressful. It's great. lol Anyone played it?

"I've walked through life with a very strange companion." -- Jake Whittaker, "The Owl"

Buy "Pleasant Nightmares"

Follow me on Tumblr

Follow me on Twitter

Follow me on Facebook
Old 10-03-2015, 10:48 PM
Fear scented candle

I can't even bring myself into a real confrontation in it. That fucking Alien is terrifying. The first encounter nearly made me shit myself
Old 10-04-2015, 03:41 AM
That fucking Guy...

Good thing you didn't have chilli wings beforehand then huh..

Since it's active now, I'll just repost my thoughts on it from the playing now thread.

"Alien Isolation - If only Aliens: CM had managed to evoke what this one does.
For me anyways, it's one scary motherfucker of a game...even prior to the introduction of the alien, had me right on edge.
Got the original crew and Ripley missions too, actually looking forward to them a little more. Yeah, solid title thus far. I'd recommend it to fans of the series and those that are actually looking to be scared."

"Still playing Alien Isolation.
I am really NOT good at stealth games, they're not my thing, so I have to admit that in wanting to play it through, I went bitch and put it on EASY (not novice...) and I have to say I'm still finding it somewhat challenging, and really REALLY puts me on edge.
Enjoying it though. While hating it.
Looking forward to the DLC.
Really, they should just hand this team the reigns when it comes to the games based on the Alien/s franchise from this point forward."

"Finished Alien Isolation.
I'd give this one an overall 8, though on scare factor a 9-10.
I liked it. Very at home in the Alien universe.

I played the first DLC (Crew expendable) while it was kind of cool playing with/as the charaters from the film on the nostromo, it was just...pointlessly short, like I can't believe they would charge for so little. "