Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Indie Horror Movies and Short Films

Old 01-19-2004, 08:59 AM
Coolio is my hero

Send a message via AIM to KRUGERKID13 Send a message via Yahoo to KRUGERKID13
Reservoir dogs
gangs of new york
pirates of the carribiean
saving prvt ryan
boondock saints
pulp fiction
true romance
kill bill
encino man (anything pauly shore)
clock work orange
gremlins
stand by me
chicago (dont knock it till yove seen it)

all very awsome movies and i reccomend them to all.
Old 01-19-2004, 09:17 AM
RUN RABBIT...RUN!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by KRUGERKID13
Reservoir dogs
gangs of new york
pirates of the carribiean
saving prvt ryan
boondock saints
pulp fiction
true romance
kill bill
encino man (anything pauly shore)
clock work orange
gremlins
stand by me
chicago (dont knock it till yove seen it)

all very awsome movies and i reccomend them to all.
encino man was pretty hilarious
I saw it again after a few years and it still ruled

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuddy
the act of slow piercing is a transcendent spiritual event. there is no pain just sensation you observe the body, experiencing the sensation, surrender to the experience feel the indorful lush as the surgical steel slices through
Old 01-19-2004, 10:09 AM
Horror Fan

Scarface

Rebel Without A Cause
Old 01-19-2004, 10:51 AM
Evil Dead

Man, Avenger, I LOVE Rolling Thunder!!! I recorded it last night becasue the print shown on cable looks better than all three video copies I have!!!! What did you think about that gunfight in the whorehouse??? It's probably my favorite screen gunfight. And it was even written by Schrader, the same guy who did Taxi Driver a few yrs later.

The next time you see an old movie that Tarantino owns the rights to, something like Switchblade Sisters or The Beyond, check out the Rolling Thunder Films logo. It even has Devayne's hook hand!!!

Yes, Luke Akew was definitely stylin' and profilin'.

I too love Master Of The Flying Guilotine, and I'm not even a fan of kung fu movies.

Ever see Sister of Street Fighter? I liked that one, too. It was full on exploitation.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:02 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
Man, Avenger, I LOVE Rolling Thunder!!! I recorded it last night becasue the print shown on cable looks better than all three video copies I have!!!! What did you think about that gunfight in the whorehouse??? It's probably my favorite screen gunfight. And it was even written by Schrader, the same guy who did Taxi Driver a few yrs later.

The next time you see an old movie that Tarantino owns the rights to, something like Switchblade Sisters or The Beyond, check out the Rolling Thunder Films logo. It even has Devayne's hook hand!!!

Ever see Sister of Street Fighter? I liked that one, too. It was full on exploitation.
We were probably watching it at the exact same time then. I knew Tarantino's label was called Rolling Thunder but I didn't know it was inspired by it. Very cool. The end gun-fight was great. It's not my favorite screen gun-fight, but was damn good. Tommy Lee J. looked so happy to be there.

Whore: "What are you doing?"
Tommy Lee: I"m going to kill people."

Devane was great in it too.

I have seen ALL of the Street Fighter movies. Like the original the best.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:16 AM
Evil Dead

That was my favorite line in the whole movie, and when Devane says, "Don't call my kid 'runt'." How can you not love that!!!

I always wanted to see the Street Fighter movies but could never find them, then after the reference in True Romance, every indie video label out there was throwing out a copies. I picked up the boxed set some co. released (Rhino, maybe) and it was very cool---even in widescreen, a rarity for those days.

So WHAT is your favorite screen gunfight? I'm a sucker for gunfights, and I generally prefer realism and chaos over John Woo theatrics (but I do love Heroes Shed No Tears---it's gotta be inspired by Anthony Dawson).

Here's some of mine:

The Year of the Dragon
Carlito's Way
Untouchables
The Outlaw Josey Wales (both with the commancharos and again against the redlegs)
The Long Riders
The Wild Bunch
Ride The High Country
Gunfight at the OK Corral
Shane
Taxi Driver
Way of the Gun
Winchester 73
BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA!!!!! DAMMIT!!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 11:23 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Haha. I do love the theatrics of John Woo. The goddamn doves flying around amidst a thousand bullets in a church is just too damn cool for words. My fav. shootout has got to be the hospital scene in Hard Boiled or the falling from the ceiling in Boondock.

"On TV you always have that guy that jumps over the sofa..."

More realistic gunfights would have to be the beginning of Carlito's Way, the end of Way of the Gun, many parts in True Romance, and the end of The Salton Sea. Those are the only ones that I can think of right now. Oh yeah, the entire Quick and the Dead movie. Hehe.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:31 AM
Liberate Bannannas!

Send a message via AIM to The_Punisher
Anything kevin Smith did
Star Wars Movies
Terminator Series
Ridley Scott films
Anything by Paul Verhoven
many more

-Chuck Palahniuk; Invisible Monsters
Old 01-19-2004, 11:54 AM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by avenger00soul
Haha. I do love the theatrics of John Woo. The goddamn doves flying around amidst a thousand bullets in a church is just too damn cool for words. My fav. shootout has got to be the hospital scene in Hard Boiled or the falling from the ceiling in Boondock.

"On TV you always have that guy that jumps over the sofa..."

More realistic gunfights would have to be the beginning of Carlito's Way, the end of Way of the Gun, many parts in True Romance, and the end of The Salton Sea. Those are the only ones that I can think of right now. Oh yeah, the entire Quick and the Dead movie. Hehe.
Gunfights cont. The ends of L.A. Confidential, Leon, and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. And how could I forget about Assault on Precinct 13????
Old 01-19-2004, 11:58 AM
Evil Dead

I just flat out forgot about LA Confidential and Assault On Precinct 13---two of my favorite movies!!!! James Ellroy is crazy. Ever read any of his crime novels?

I particularly like the scene in Assault where they use the table as a shield and push it down the hall fighting baddies over its edge. Clever.

Did you like Ghosts of Mars? I liked it, but everyone else seemed to hate it. I thought Desolation Jones was one of the best screen names ever.