Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-27-2005, 04:18 AM
Banned

CLONE consoles?

I get the newsletter from gamespy...a while back they were talking about solutions for those that wanted to continue playing their old console games.
Naturally, emulation came up...but, they also mentioned generic "clone" consoles being out there...specifically for the original 8-bit n.e.s
So, I was thinking about this...my dreamcast console is bound to die one day, yet I have heaps of games, even though theres APPARENTLY emulators out there for the DC, I'd much rather play on a console, clone or not.
Anyways, does anyone know where one might obtain any kind of these "clone" consoles, specifically dreamcast?
Old 01-27-2005, 02:17 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sedated_replica Send a message via Yahoo to Sedated_replica
My friend has a X-box with every NES . SNES. SEGA and game on his hard-drive. It is the fuckin' coolest thing I've ever seen.

I wouldn't doubt that they could program a X-box into a Dreamcast. I don't know if this is what they're talking about it, But god damn! I want one!
Old 01-27-2005, 03:47 PM
Too lazy to post

If I'm not mistaken....you can still buy Dreamcasts at EBgames.com. They had Dreamcasts for $10 or $20 used and refurbished. And then there is always E-Bay, with people letting them go for $5 to $50.

I have no idea where to get a clone.

I haven't heard of the X-Box being turned into a emulator....sounds cool as hell though. Did he get costum work done to it? or is their a company who does this?
Old 01-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Banned

I am not sure how he stored it on hard-drive, I don't have an xbox and I'm not sure how that goes...but I know theres both xbox and ps2 disks out there that contain HUGE amounts of emulated games on them for the older systems.

I have pretty much a a full collection for everything BUT the sega megadrive (genesis)...if anyone has one of THOSE, and could rip it to a pc cd-rom/dvd, please let me know...

Codeine - Would you at all reccomend the refurbished DC's? I mean, what would the lifespan be on one?
It annoys me, because there's NO places in Australia that you can actually send your DC in to get fixed...

Anyone, if there's ANY info on these clone systems I am referring to (generic systems put out by third party companies that play the same games as their official counterparts), for any system ESPECIALLY dreamcast, please let me know.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:31 AM
..its only a movie...

Interesting to hear about these "clones". I would never own one in my life but they sound kinda kool. On the other hand (man im saying that alot today) I did hear about the stupid xbox and the old games thing. my gf's cusin has that, i wanna slap him, and maybe tell him that im rick james.

As I was going up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away .
Old 01-29-2005, 05:38 PM
Banned

Why?
For having an xbox, or for having games on it from an era from which more that 1/4 of them were actually worth playing?
Old 01-29-2005, 07:53 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sedated_replica Send a message via Yahoo to Sedated_replica
Do old games suck or what?

I can never understand any of your posts.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:44 PM
Banned

Mine, or his??

Old games fucking rock...
Old 01-29-2005, 11:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ChEEbA
Mine, or his??

Old games fucking rock...
No, I can always understand you.

He thinks the x-box is stupid for having old games on it? Thats not stupid, thats fuckin' awesome.

Why would he wanna slap someone for having one? what? huh?

Reading Idrinkyourblood's posts make me feel like I missed something in school.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:12 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
The only games that i play on consoles are the oldschool games (and THPS games, because you cant possibly play it on computer)

Sega Genasis man. Sega Genasis.

Click for B-Movie reviews!