Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Comics
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-20-2005, 04:59 AM
Hellraiser

Send a message via AIM to iamragmar Send a message via Yahoo to iamragmar
Who actually reads horror comics here?

I dare say I am probably the biggest horror comic fan here, does anyone else read the EC, Warren, Skywald and many other horror comics?
Old 04-20-2005, 12:11 PM
Banned

Since I've been on a comic d/l'ing rampage over the last few months, I have read some of the following:
Route 666
Walking dead - new, and old.
30 days of night seems pretty good (read one issue thus far)
The dawn of the dead comic was very nicely done.
...and I'm trying to get a few various titles from the 70's at the present time.

I have quite enjoyed a few issues of
"flinch - a vertigo horror anthology" recently, it's a little like the twilight zone in comic form...and, not that it's horror, but seems interesting all the same - "100 bullets".
I can't remember the name, but I read a very cool one about a dying guy who's mates vamped him in the first issue, I think it may have been "blood & water"? That's very good too.

If you have any reccomendations, that would be cool.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:21 AM
Hellraiser

Send a message via AIM to iamragmar Send a message via Yahoo to iamragmar
There is a series from Eclipse and Pacific called Bernie Wrightson: Master of the Macabre. It was around 5 or 6 issues and it is absoloutely essential, it rerinted most of his artwork he did for black and white horror magazines in colour(sounds like sacrilage, but it is amazing colour).
The later issues of Scream, Psycho or Nightmare (all from Skywald) have some great stuff in them.
Creepy, Eerie and Vampirella have some of the most amazing experimental artwork seen in comics( but later issues could be extremely poor).
Twisted tales(which is filled with stories by Bruce Jones, who is in my opinion, the best horror comic writer ever)
Freakshow by Bruce Jones and Bernie Wrightson recently came out from Image and is brilliant.
You ought to atleast have some issues of Tales From the Crypt, Vault of Horror or Haunt of Fear( sometimes thet are a little repetitive, but having the best artwork ever makes up for it, they changed my life).
There is loads more but I think these are some of the best.
Old 04-24-2005, 03:40 PM
The horror of the minds

I would buy them and collect them. If I could find a place that sells them in my area
Fear is in the mind of the beholder. If that mind is strong engough fear can be defated. If the minds is weak, and the fear is storng, the fear will control the life. THe fear couldn't be defeated the life would be controled by it forevere.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:16 PM
Living Dead

Send a message via AIM to Threl kaar
I love Horror comics, im actually working on one myself but ill post that once its done. As far as reading its the only kind i read. I Love the Spookhouse stories put out by Idw and Steve Niles is always a fun read but i really like the Goon because "even the undead fear the goon."

I was also wondering if anyone else read Hack/Slash since it seems im the only one who does.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:29 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Only one I read is the nline one [Nightmare World] that is posted here.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:34 AM
Fear scented candle

Nope, i dont.

I havent seen any comic book titles in general that have held my interest in the past several years.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:02 AM
Banned

Nor i.......although i thought about picking up a Sin City one.[does that count as horror? ]
Old 06-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Tom Hall

I love horror comics when they are done well. 30 days of Night was one that really captured what's cool about horror stories. What I hate are books like the Texas Chainsaw adaptation- all gore, no actual tension.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:18 AM
Undead

Gotta love the classics...

Quote:
Originally posted by iamragmar
I dare say I am probably the biggest horror comic fan here, does anyone else read the EC, Warren, Skywald and many other horror comics?
YES!!! :D

Best wishes,
Aaron Weisbrod