Old 02-12-2019, 02:01 AM
Evil Dead

DEAD PRESIDENTS (1994). Great Hughes Bros film of a group of friends going to Vietnam and struggling to return to normal lives in their old NYC neighborhood. Gritty and good performances by Laurenz Tate, Keith David, Freddie Rodriguez and a quite funny Chris Tucker. ****1/2
Old 02-12-2019, 11:13 AM
Evil Dead

Bird Box had a few moments, but did not live up to the hype.

I was pleasantly surprised by Sandra Bullock, though.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:08 PM
That fucking Guy...

Jumanji - Welcome to the Jungle.

Well...I didn't hate this...of course, it had a certain "family friendly/goofy" vibe to it that'd probably appeal a lot more to a younger audience - which is cool...I got the original when I was a kid, so why not, right?

Some of it was a bit puerile, what with Jack Black AND Kevin Hart...but it seemed to come from a good place, with each character a lesson to learn/bit of introspection for their younger audience.

What I liked was that it didn't actually serve AS a sequel in many ways - but made enough connections to the first film, such as the box being found when/where it had turned up in the end of the first one, Another person from the "past" getting trapped aside from the main cast...and paid it's dues nicely...of course
“This house was built by Alan Parrish – I just live in it”.
Couldn't have said it in a better, and nicer way.

Clearly this movie was geared towards comedy, and brought new elements into the existing universe...we got a different version of the hunter with a back story this time, and we got to take a look INTO Jumanji rather than at what came out.
One for the ages? Super memorable? Perhaps not. But it was fun, it didn't suck, and I got a decent perve at Karen Gillan...even if I think she looks hotter as Nebula.

Not a bad effort at all, really. Figured I'd hate it. I was wrong.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:16 PM
病気の

White Boy Rick, 2018. 7/10

Director: Yann Demange

Old 02-13-2019, 05:42 PM
病気の

Purgatory Road, 2017. 8/10

Director: Mark Savage

Thumb resize.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:15 PM
病気の

Circus of the Dead, 2017. 10/10

Director : Billy Pon

Old 02-15-2019, 03:09 PM
Evil is Better

The Prodigy

This was ok. There was a part in the beginning that stuck with me and kinda ruined the rest of the movie because I couldn't get it out of my head. It's a minor thing and probably won't bother anyone else.

The movie itself is interesting at least. There's some scares and it has a good atmosphere but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It at least foregoes the typical demon possession story and goes for something different. But it follows a typical formula to other movies and that hurts it.

I wouldn't recommend seeing in theaters but not a bad watch at home if you're bored.

6/10

Old 02-15-2019, 06:52 PM
病気の

Borderland, 2007. 7/10

Director: Zev Berman

Old 02-15-2019, 09:16 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Jumanji - Welcome to the Jungle.

Well...I didn't hate this...of course, it had a certain "family friendly/goofy" vibe to it that'd probably appeal a lot more to a younger audience - which is cool...I got the original when I was a kid, so why not, right?

Some of it was a bit puerile, what with Jack Black AND Kevin Hart...but it seemed to come from a good place, with each character a lesson to learn/bit of introspection for their younger audience.

What I liked was that it didn't actually serve AS a sequel in many ways - but made enough connections to the first film, such as the box being found when/where it had turned up in the end of the first one, Another person from the "past" getting trapped aside from the main cast...and paid it's dues nicely...of course
“This house was built by Alan Parrish – I just live in it”.
Couldn't have said it in a better, and nicer way.

Clearly this movie was geared towards comedy, and brought new elements into the existing universe...we got a different version of the hunter with a back story this time, and we got to take a look INTO Jumanji rather than at what came out.
One for the ages? Super memorable? Perhaps not. But it was fun, it didn't suck, and I got a decent perve at Karen Gillan...even if I think she looks hotter as Nebula.

Not a bad effort at all, really. Figured I'd hate it. I was wrong.
I'd have to be in the mood for it, but sounds entertaining.

Annihilation (2018)
7/10

"A biologist signs up for a dangerous, secret expedition into a mysterious zone where the laws of nature don't apply."

Starring Natalie Portman, Jennifer Jason Leigh. Sci-fi film that's kind of lowkey and gloomy mostly, but has some cool special effects and electronic music. It's not particularly exciting or deep. It's an old sci-fi concept but the storyline is somewhat fresh.

Old 02-17-2019, 12:23 AM
Evil Dead

Travis - aka The Sighting - was a pleasant surprise. Good build-up, nice twist and a somewhat open ending, though it leaves me leaning a bit more to the police man's theory.

Fear was entertaining. We know Wahlberg can be goofy and silly, but way back when, he could be scary as well. Also: is this film set in Seattle? I'm not sure, but we do get more than a few shots of what looks like the space needle.

Tags
movie