Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-03-2015, 11:12 PM
Titty Twister

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
The Pyramid (2014)

Before watching this movie, I set my expectations at non-existent for The Pyramid, a movie that has been claimed as one of the worst movies of the 2014 by some critics, and I can confirm that that statement is true. This film is a compilation of everything that could go wrong in a horror movie while still trying to convince the audience that it's not a parody. The Pyramid could almost be an experiment to see how many cliches they could put into a film, and that reason alone makes this movie an enjoyable exercise in bad taste. For starters, it has the exact same plot as The Tunnel, a vastly superior and terrifying Aussie found footage flick. In that movie, a documentary crew explores the abandoned Sydney train tunnels as they investigate a government cover-up until they become lost and realize something else is lurking in the tunnels. The only difference between The Tunnel and The Pyramid is the fact that it takes place in a pyramid in Egypt. This movie is also half-found footage and half-traditional. What I mean by this is: you'll see an entire scene from the point of view of their cameras, and then in the next scene, we see a scene shot like a normal movie. It's like this movie tried to shoehorn in some found footage just to include another overused horror trope. Along with the inconsistent cinematography, you'll find one of the most annoying groups of people you could ever encounter in a film. The "protagonist", if I can ever call her that, looks like she's fresh off the set of Real Housewives while another character screams "We need to find a way out!" in between every single line of dialogue. I don't think I even need to mention that the "villain" could get the award for Worst Movie Monster. It's almost amazing and certainly entertaining seeing how many things can go wrong with this movie. Just sit back, have some friends over, and laugh at this trashy, ironically entertaining atrocity. The Pyramid is ultimately a misguided and fun monstrosity of a horror film.

2/10
Not Tunnel but it reminded me of As Above, So Below and to some extent, I think it's even better & less annoying than AASB.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:23 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The Lazarus Effect (2015)

Very average but not all that bad as I expected. Somewhat entertaining & creepy at times but overall forgettable at the end.

>>: C+

Eat (2014)

This is almost a good indie, a fine story with well developed characters but How the hell someone bites & tears her skin & flesh off and eat herself without feeling much pain??!! I think it'd be better to show some sort of drugs she used regularly or at some point in the Past that made her painless.

Furious 7 (2015)

**Minor Spoilers**
Probably Paul Walker's untimely death was the main reason as they had done lots of rewrites and this things often left a considerable amount of impact on the final product but still in compare to FAST FIVE & FURIOUS 6, the story isn't well developed or finely structured this time. There was a clear rush for the action sequences throughout the whole movie. The whole film mostly focused on Dom (Vin Diesel); not sure whether it was intended from the very beginning or (again) whether because of his tragic death but Paul Walker's character Brian O'Conner got quite minimal emphasis in the story development area in compare to earlier F&F films. As if he's there just because of he was "needed" to be there as a regular member of the Dom's team/family. Actually this time an underdeveloped 'Fast' plot & Script got most of my attentions as the main villain here than Jason Statham aka Deckard Shaw. I think the shift from D. Shaw to Mission God's Eye was unnecessary as there was not so much motivation for Dom to go after that mission as D. Shaw (Statham) is routinely coming after him wherever Dom & the gang goes. In Furious 6, Ian Shaw (Luke Evans)'s character was far more well developed & interesting than here what Jason Statham gets for Deckard Shaw. But yes...aside from those over the top, cool action sequences, the most highlighting part of the movie was the touching tribute to Paul Walker at the very end, that was beautifully done. R.I.P Paul.

>>: B-
Old 04-04-2015, 02:48 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Late Phases (2014)

Despite it's faults (poor looking monsters, bad pacing), I enjoyed this low budget werewolf flick. The lead Nick Damici (a regular in Jim Mickle films) does a great job as the blind nam vet trying to track the lycanthrope in the retirement home he has just joined.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:24 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horror4ever View Post
Not Tunnel but it reminded me of As Above, So Below and to some extent, I think it's even better & less annoying than AASB.
I really enjoyed As Above, So Below, and it did remind me of it a little bit. It mostly reminded me of the Tunnel because of the monster chasing them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
The Lazarus Effect (2015)

Very average but not all that bad as I expected. Somewhat entertaining & creepy at times but overall forgettable at the end.

I'd give Lazarus Effect a B-, but other than that, I agree 100%. Creepy yet forgettable.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:18 AM
Banned

Never Too Old to Rot -- 9.5/10; A glorious short with some great homemade gore.

Parasomnia -- 6.5/10
Old 04-04-2015, 08:53 AM
That fucking Guy...

I saw "Big Hero 6".
Interesting how they completely Disney'd it...
Wasn't bad. Enjoyable. Bit simplistic but it was nice to look at, had some laughs, and I quite liked the villain.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:09 AM
Evil Dead

Flakes. 2/10 Boring. Hey! I have a great idea! Let's make a movie about a store that only sells bowls of cereal! What will the rest of the movie be about? I dunno.
When people make fun of things 'hipsters' like I think of this movie.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:24 PM
病気の

Creeping Crawling, 2012. 6/10

A Horror anthology;

Story about a model with a tapeworm.

Thumb resize.

A caregiver obsessed with bug spray.

Thumb resize.

A dude that digs sex and bugs.

Thumb resize.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:08 PM
病気の

VANish, 2015. 7/10

Thumb resize.

I was pleasantly surprised on this film.

2 guys kidnap a girl for ransom, and it takes place in the van the whole time. It was funny, violent, sad and brutal and its never what you think. ; )
Old 04-04-2015, 06:10 PM
Evil Dead

Bellflower 7/10. Surprisingly good. Excellent acting, cinematography. Story was decent, but not much more than that. The ending was decent except for one small part which I won't mention so as not to ruin it. I do not see myself in any of the characters I'd probably not enjoy the company of them. However I was still able to enjoy the movie. Worth checking out.

Tags
movie