Insidious the last key
Old 12-04-2018, 10:10 PM
病気の

The Game, 1997. 8/10

Old 12-07-2018, 04:13 PM
ventricle

Color of Night (1994)
6/10

In this thriller mystery Bruce Willis plays a clinical psychologist who's doubting himself after he loses a patient. He visits a good friend (Scott Bakula) who's also a shrink, and sits in with his therapy group. His friend ends up brutally murdered, and a police detective (Ruben Blades) talks Willis into taking over the group to see if the murderer is in the group.

A lot was made of the gratuitous 'erotic' scenes, and the film was panned at the time, including 'earning' a Golden Raspberry Award as the worst film of 1994. Was directed by Richard Rush.

The plot, all of which I can't reveal, is really audacious and completely improbable, but with the magic of cinema the director pulls it off. It's a bit of a pop version mix between Dressed to Kill and Marnie. It does manage to be suspenseful thriller with some interesting characters. And there's excellent performances by Ruben Blades and lead actress Jane March. It also has a great theme song in "Color of the Night" performed by Lauren Christy.

The film's runtime is insanely fat at 2h 20m (director's cut), or just over 2hs (theatrical release). If it was cut to 90mins, it would be pretty decent. I think the erotic scenes float outside the storyline and hinders the cohesion.

I don't recommend it. I guess I just wondering if anyone had seen it before?

Last edited by Sculpt; 12-07-2018 at 04:30 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:08 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Color of Night (1994)
6/10

In this thriller mystery Bruce Willis plays a clinical psychologist who's doubting himself after he loses a patient. He visits a good friend (Scott Bakula) who's also a shrink, and sits in with his therapy group. His friend ends up brutally murdered, and a police detective (Ruben Blades) talks Willis into taking over the group to see if the murderer is in the group.

A lot was made of the gratuitous 'erotic' scenes, and the film was panned at the time, including 'earning' a Golden Raspberry Award as the worst film of 1994. Was directed by Richard Rush.

The plot, all of which I can't reveal, is really audacious and completely improbable, but with the magic of cinema the director pulls it off. It's a bit of a pop version mix between Dressed to Kill and Marnie. It does manage to be suspenseful thriller with some interesting characters. And there's excellent performances by Ruben Blades and lead actress Jane March. It also has a great theme song in "Color of the Night" performed by Lauren Christy.

The film's runtime is insanely fat at 2h 20m (director's cut), or just over 2hs (theatrical release). If it was cut to 90mins, it would be pretty decent. I think the erotic scenes float outside the storyline and hinders the cohesion.

I don't recommend it. I guess I just wondering if anyone had seen it before?
Oh yes, I remember Bruce Willis dick.

Bad movie.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:03 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Oh yes, I remember Bruce Willis dick.

Bad movie.
I guess it got director's cut... thankfully. It's kind of funny how director's cuts never seem to be shorter than the theatrical release. I wonder if anyone's ever seen a director's cut that was a good 30mins shorter? Seems director's cuts are more like combining the deleted scenes section with the film.

I don't think I've ever seen one that was much different -- except Dune 1984 Extended Version which was edited by another director, and it was much longer, but changed the overall theme of the film quite a bit.

Ridley Scott added scenes to his Alien director's cut that made sense, and helped make re-watching the film more worthwhile -- there was Cartwright slapping Ridley, and Ridley finding Dallas cocooned next to eggs asking to be killed (something I thought invented by Cameron) before she gets to the escape pod. It answers where they went, but then again, they show the alien making what you'd think was a kill bite on Parker and Baseball Cap.

Last edited by Sculpt; 12-08-2018 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:36 AM
Evil Dead

Detention of the dead: as far as zombie flicks go, this one is kind of fun. A few laughs, some good kills... The poor man's breakfast club-vibe is even entertaining at times.

Also, what is the deal with horror movies and Asian stoners? Is that becoming a new trope?
Old 12-08-2018, 11:38 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Sint, 2010. 7/10

Always enjoyable when Dick Maas tries his hand at horror.

Tags
movie