Old 09-13-2013, 04:41 PM
Puddle of Puke

Pyramid Head will forever haunt my dreams. Silly, mutinous monsters don't do much for me these days. I want a monster that has many human characteristics so that I can relate in some way. When the human element is there it makes me feel as if the "monster" knows what it is doing is wrong, yet it chooses to kill anyway.

Thumb resize.

Last edited by _____V_____; 01-13-2014 at 07:41 AM. Reason: TIMG codes for image
Old 09-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Hellraiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Bastion1023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regansvomit View Post
Pyramid Head will forever haunt my dreams. Silly, mutinous monsters don't do much for me these days. I want a monster that has many human characteristics so that I can relate in some way. When the human element is there it makes me feel as if the "monster" knows what it is doing is wrong, yet it chooses to kill anyway.

Thumb resize.
I work in video games and Silent Hill is a favorite of mine because the monsters were truly creepy. That odd combination of sexual, gory and the way many of the moved with an unnatural motion really created a sense of dread. Great games and the first Silent Hill movie was a good attempt to capture that. It fell flat in some ways but Pyramid Head and the Nurses translated well in the movie.

"A wonderfully twisted spin on a beloved tale. It was sick and gruesome and I absolutely loved it. A breath of fresh air for the horror genre."
- Jesse Miller, MORE HORROR

"One of the most terrifying novels you will ever read"
-Martyn Wakefield, BLOOD GUTS

Last edited by _____V_____; 01-13-2014 at 07:41 AM. Reason: TIMG codes fixed in quoted post
Old 01-13-2014, 06:31 AM
Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
No....if you were old [ like myself] you would have said "Frankenstein, The Wolfman, The Mummy or Dracula.......lets not forget The Creature [ from the Black Lagoon]
Isn't that right I'm in the same boat. But I would like to see more Monsters. Everything is either zombies (which I love) but it get's tired. Or the Supernatural.

Quote:
I love Pyramid Head. I wish he had more of a part in Silent Hill. Probably my favorite monster. I have included him in a lot of my artwork.

Last edited by _____V_____; 01-13-2014 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts. Please use the "Multi" quote feature henceforth. Thanks!
Old 01-14-2014, 09:17 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexSivier View Post
I agree. I think a lot of people like the practical effects for nostalgic reasons.
For me, the problem is that now graphics are so realistic, filmakers can show the entire creature/monster/alien, which obliterates most of the scare factor. In the days of practical effects, the limitation meant that it had to remain mostly hidden, and that was the key to its success. Compare Alien to Alien Ressurection. Classic vs. pure sh*t.
As for the hybrid aproach, that's what they did for the prequel of The Thing, and I really liked it.
Has anyone seen The Millennium Bug (2011)? It's another no CGI movie that tries to recreate the campy (albeit classic) practical effects used in the old monster movies. The movie itself, of course, it completely outrageous and over the top, but if you watch it for monster alone, it's a fun film.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:32 PM
Evil Dead

I like the monster in the film the lake, simply because it isn't cgi, and it looks like some mad plastic angler fish!!
Old 05-14-2014, 10:21 AM
Hellraiser

I believe They should go back to the original monster flims such as Dracula, Frankenstein, the mummy. Monsters of that sort because they were memorable, exciting and thrilling
Old 05-14-2014, 04:33 PM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlevanchuk View Post
One of the most underrated monster movies imho is "Feast" and "Feast II:Sloppy Seconds".

Such a shame that it was straight to DVD release :(
I second this.
People in suits and fake blood. So much better than CGI.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:00 AM
Banned

It would be impossible for filmdom to fully satisfy my monster craving. The monster in the recent ANIMAL was pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah23256 View Post
I believe They should go back to the original monster flims such as Dracula, Frankenstein, the mummy. Monsters of that sort because they were memorable, exciting and thrilling
Universal is doing just that by creating a new "crossover universe" for all the classic monsters. The upcoming Dracula Untold is NOT part of this universe.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:10 AM
Evil Dead

I thought this thread was about a "Monsters" sequel :P
Old 08-31-2014, 01:36 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:

Thumb resize.
He is my favorite character in Silent Hill and it would be awesome to see a movie focused on him.

I like both types of monsters (if they are represented correctly). I found Dr. Satan (House of 1,000 Corpses) to be an extreme "monster" but I thought the creature in Hypothermia was a joke. You have to make a monster believable or it just appears cheesy; I don't do "silly" monster movies.

The last sentence in your quote is exactly how I feel too.

Tags
horror movies, illustration, monsters, tshirts