Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-14-2015, 03:33 PM
Evil Sweat

My favorites so far:

The Atticus Institute (2015)
What We Do In The Shadows (2014)
The Voices (2014)
Clown (2014)
Wyrmwood (2014)
Late Phases (2014)
The Dead Lands (2014)
These Final Hours (2013)
Let Us Prey (2014)
Dude Bro Party Massacre III (2015)
Dark Was The Night (2014)
Turbo Kid (2015)
Deathgasm (2015)

And there's still a few coming.
Overal not a bad year for horror. And next year ain't looking bad either.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:47 PM
Penthouse Pauper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
I love seeing movies when the seats are empty! Oculus worked for me. Family connections are something I always like in films, and I think the suspense was handled tastefully, subtly even. The lead actress was easy to look at as well. Yeah, Oculus entertained me.

Reading through this thread, & had to agree with you. I found Oculus entertaining as well.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:33 PM
Evil Dead

Nice list. That reminds me, I've had The Editor sitting around for like a month. Time to watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
On that regard, wasn't Babadook also become available this year?
I have Babadook and WWDITS at the top of my 2014 list, and saw them last year. I think they were available over paid streaming in 2014, and added to Netflix early 2015. I see no reason why they couldn't go on this year's list though since arriving on Netflix is like a full blown release.

Old 10-16-2015, 12:37 PM
Hellraiser

I noticed on the last page a couple movies I tried out a while ago.

one was Cub (i think known as Welp) a Belgium film. I recommend this movie, though it is not a great great movie all in all. It's got all the cliche "camping" aspects to it, the cliche "older chaperone" aspects, and cliche "attitudes of the characters all intertwined in the story. nothing new.... BUT there are a couple shocking scenes set up in this the completely took me off guard, especially one that ties with one of the other threads in the forum about "killing kids in movies". i was in awe!!! Cub was a good movie to watch, and did have a good interesting story throughout.

Clown I also did watch. I personally think Clowns can be quite creepy all in all, but the aspect they took on this movie and a clown was truly interesting. Was I fully into the background of the why in this movie, no... kinda cheesy. but it was an interesting aspect once again and what happens during the movie was definitely cool to watch. It has scenes in it that kills some upcoming short story ideas I wanted to write almost, because I wanted aspects in those kid playgrounds with the tubes and stuff (hope i didnt spoil anything). But Clown was a decent movie.
Old 10-17-2015, 11:56 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
2015 hasn't been a great year for Horror, but it wasn't awful. Crimson Peak is still to come!
I agree that overall I think 2014 might beat out 2015. Both years have some really good films at the top, but looking at my 2014 list, I think the films further down the list are stronger.

My 2014 list

My 2015 list

Old 10-19-2015, 11:44 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
I agree that overall I think 2014 might beat out 2015. Both years have some really good films at the top, but looking at my 2014 list, I think the films further down the list are stronger.

My 2014 list

My 2015 list

agreed too... but both years have really brought out some great horror movies, dealing with different aspects, twists, and creative ways attacking the genre. finally much more to like!!!

Tags
2015 horror, new films, new horror film, top50