Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Scares Little Kids

Is there something wrong with my copy of Suspiria?

It seems the audio doesn't quite sync up or match the way the actors lips moves at certain parts. It almost looks as if they are miming and the audio was dubbed over in editing. Is this normal?
Old 11-02-2011, 11:59 AM
No, fuck YOU

It's not your copy there's something wrong with, it's Argento.

He's just a horrible, horrible director. :rolleyes:

Amen
Old 11-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
It's not your copy there's something wrong with, it's Argento.

He's just a horrible, horrible director. :rolleyes:

Amen
Oh folly, good sir! Argento a bad director...imo Suspiria's one of the most masterly directed films I've ever seen!

As for the lack of sync, it's probably the dubbing. It's an Italian film, shot in english with a cast of mostly Americans and Italians dubbed back into english. Par the course for many of these films I'm afraid.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Scares Little Kids

Ah I see, that makes sense. Well, I gotta say I either didn't like the movie, or I didn't "get" it. I found it utterly boring quiet frankly. Don't think I got scared or even felt on edge once through the entire movie.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:09 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieDrone View Post
Oh folly, good sir! Argento a bad director...imo Suspiria's one of the most masterly directed films I've ever seen!

Oh you sweet, sweet simple minded moron. You need to watch more movies..
Old 11-02-2011, 01:23 PM
GoreWhore

I've never seen it, but see it talked about a lot on here, so I'm currently digitally acquiring it. I'll post my findings/thoughts.

My signature .gif is from a short film put out by fewdio.com. Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z6xGU2_g9s

Old 11-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Evil Dead

It's one of those films that grows on you.

I admit, I wasn't stunned by it when I first saw it but every time I watch it I get more and more fascinated by it.

As for you, Angra, I admit I probably oversold Suspiria's impact, possibly to sell it a little to SoulPizza, but I take exception to your remark about my cineliteracy.

:p

I think with films, people go into them looking at different aspects. Don't get me wrong if an area is deeply flawed, most people will pick up on it and take exception to it, but I feel most people are drawn to some aspects in particular.

For example, I'm someone who instantly watches films with a strong visual sense and that's how I digest them for the most part and most of my favourite directors are very visually-inclined (Kubrick, Lean, Scott, Herzog etc.)

That's what draws me to Suspiria and, imo, you can't take away from me what I believe is a truly stunning film visually.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Scares Little Kids

Even though I didn't enjoy the movie I have to say the music was great. I thought Jessica Harper was great too, she really does have that "deer in the headlights" look going on perfectly. I just felt like I watched a movie where nothing happened though. I wouldn't describe this as scary, more "weird", and not particularly in a good way. Oh well, I don't want to tell anyone a movie they enjoyed was bad, just not for me I guess.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Evil Dead

I've been scared to say I didn't like the movie... As if, as a horror fan, I'm supposed to. It's nice to see I'm not alone.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:21 PM
From The Beyond

I've said this before if you didn't like Suspiria try the others from the "Three Mothers Trilogy" and see if you like them instead-Inferno and Mother Of Tears.

Last edited by Fearonsarms; 11-09-2011 at 04:02 AM. Reason: should have been Mother not Nother