Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-16-2006, 06:37 PM
Evil Puppy

Superman II: Donner Cut

How is Superman II the Donner Cut? Has anybody seen it yet? I'm sure at least you have it on laserdisc right Urge? I've been waiting a long time to see this version and I hope I'm not setting myself up for a letdown.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
How is Superman II the Donner Cut? Has anybody seen it yet? I'm sure at least you have it on laserdisc right Urge? I've been waiting a long time to see this version and I hope I'm not setting myself up for a letdown.
actually - i do have superman II on laserdisc ..

dont know what the donner cut vs any other cut is though ?
Old 11-17-2006, 07:58 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok View Post
actually - i do have superman II on laserdisc ..

dont know what the donner cut vs any other cut is though ?
This is the restored version of the film that Richard Donner shot before being fired and replaced with Richard Lester. It supposedly cuts out the romantic comedy aspect of the film.

Haven't seen it yet, but it is supposed to be quite satisfying (if you're a fan of Superman, that is)

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 11-17-2006, 08:03 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
This is the restored version of the film that Richard Donner shot before being fired and replaced with Richard Lester. It supposedly cuts out the romantic comedy aspect of the film.

Haven't seen it yet, but it is supposed to be quite satisfying (if you're a fan of Superman, that is)
Supposedly a more intense experience with a better story like you said. I guess I shouldn't assume Urge has EVERYTHING on laserdisc (even if it wasn't released heh). Like the Captain Supermarket version of Army of Darkness, I'd bet he had it. Anyway, I hope to get the superman ultimate collector's set, if I do then the Donner Cut will be the first thing I watch.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:04 AM
Fear scented candle

Sounds like it might be worth a watch. After listening to his commentary on the Omen, I like Richard Donner a lot.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Supposedly a more intense experience with a better story like you said. I guess I shouldn't assume Urge has EVERYTHING on laserdisc (even if it wasn't released heh). Like the Captain Supermarket version of Army of Darkness, I'd bet he had it. Anyway, I hope to get the superman ultimate collector's set, if I do then the Donner Cut will be the first thing I watch.
laserdisc was great for getting class foreign films - and films that havent been released on DVD yet.. but it isnt the medium for finding really rare stuff like strange alternate versions etc ..

The Keep is a great example ..

not on DVD .. but at the time it was released - it wasnt rare.

now it is - because people dont have laserdiscs anymore..
Old 11-17-2006, 09:48 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

http://www.amazon.com/Superman-II-Ri...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

here it is on Amazon.com

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon