Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-16-2013, 01:06 AM
For Vendetta

Girls arrested after bragging on Facebook about cyber-bullying causing suicide!

Girls arrested in US cyber bulling case

Two teenage girls were arrested in Florida after one of them admitted online that she harassed a 12-year-old girl who later committed suicide.

Quote:
After 12-year-old Rebecca Sedwick killed herself last month, one of her tormenters continued to make comments about her online, even bragging about the bullying, a sheriff said on Tuesday.

The especially callous remark hastened the arrest of a 14-year-old girl and a 12-year-old girl who were primarily responsible for bullying Rebecca, Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said. They were charged with stalking and released to their parents.

"'Yes, I bullied Rebecca and she killed herself but I don't give a ...' and you can add the last word yourself," the sheriff said, quoting a Facebook post the older girl made on Saturday.

Police in central Florida said Rebecca was tormented online and at school by as many as 15 girls before she took her own life on September 9. A dozen or so suicides in the past three years that have been attributed at least in part to cyberbullying.

The sheriff said they were still investigating the girls and trying to decide whether the parents should be charged.

"I'm aggravated that the parents aren't doing what parents should do," the sheriff said. "Responsible parents take disciplinary action."

About a year ago, the older girl threatened to fight Rebecca while they were sixth-graders at Crystal Lake Middle School and told her "to drink bleach and die", the sheriff said. She also convinced the younger arrested girl to bully Rebecca, even though they had been best friends.

The girls repeatedly intimidated Rebecca and called her names, the sheriff said, and at one point, the younger girl beat up Rebecca at school.

Both girls were charged as juveniles with third-degree felony aggravated stalking. If convicted, it's not clear how much time, if any at all, the girls would spend in juvenile detention because they did not have any previous criminal history, the sheriff said.

The bullying began after the 14-year-old girl started dating a boy Rebecca had been seeing, the sheriff said.
http://www.smh.com.au/world/two-girl...016-2vkm5.html
Old 10-16-2013, 08:12 AM
Midnight toker

Throw the parents in jail too....
Old 10-16-2013, 11:30 AM
For Vendetta

Another (pathetic) example :- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-bullies.html

Quote:
A special needs high school student from Texas has been subjected to vicious bullying, receiving a barrage of offensive text messages from strangers poking fun at her condition and threatening to rape and kill her.

Shea Shawhan, of Plano, is 18 years old but has the mental capacity of an 8-year-old as a result of a severe brain injury she had suffered at birth.

Shea is a junior at Plano West Senior High School, where she plays softball and is a member of the cheer squad.

Eight months ago, the 18-year-old girl began receiving hateful text messages on her iPhone mocking her disability and her appearance.

Some of the missives addressed to the student were even more explicit and menacing, including one that stated: ‘Shea is so annoying but cute I want to do more than just kiss her I want to rape her then kill her. That will finally make sure she goes away for good.’

Shea’s mother, Kerri Riddell, believes that a group of kids from her daughter's school are responsible for the harassing text messages.

‘She's so sweet and I'm so frustrated I can't find out who it is. I just want to find that parent and say, ‘What did you do? Do you know your child is doing this?"’ Miss Riddell told the station MyFox Dallas-Fort Worth.

The texts have been sent from bogus phone numbers generated by web applications, making it difficult to identify the senders.

In a bid to stop the bullying, Keri Riddell has changed Shea's phone number and blocked many of the fake numbers, but messages are still trickling in at a steady pace.

‘Shea should just have one of her f***ing seizures and die because people at west don't want her,’ a message read. ‘That's the reason she has seizures, because that's karma for giving birth to a freaky slut.’

Other texts sent to Shea’s number urged the girl to kill herself and ridiculed her for not having a date to the homecoming dance because she is an ‘ugly freak.’

‘I'm pretty sure ur going to hell. God doesn't like sluts,’ a missive read.’ U need to be cleaned.’
Old 10-28-2013, 09:17 AM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
I have a cousin with the same problem, she has the mentality of a 5 year old. She gets bullied to the point she was pulled out of school for good. It makes me sick to hear about that. I hope those reposnible get caught and thrown into jail.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:07 PM
Evil Dead

As a former victim of bullying myself, one thing I will never ever understand is how it's not taken more seriously than it is. If an adult experienced just a small percentage of what some kids have to go through at school, it would be considered a crime. So why is it that it's ok when it happens to children? Why are they expected to show up at the place where they get tortured every day and be able to concentrate on their studies? No adult would be expected to do that.

I understand that kids do stupid things sometimes, and that we can't expect them to be perfectly well behaved towards each other. But there should be an obvious difference between kids being kids, and kids torturing other kids physically and emotionally.

It's absolutely horrible to think that the bully in the first story didn't even feel any guilt when she learned that her actions had caused her victim to kill herself.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:56 PM
Reign in Blood

This story makes my sick, and very sad. The bully saying she didn't give a f*** that the girl killed herself. That's just brutal. With her attitude she needs to be throw in a max security womans prison and let her get a dose of how it feels.