Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3591  
Old 09-29-2017, 07:18 AM
Poejsic's Avatar
Poejsic Poejsic is offline
Licking
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7
Last night, I caught 'The Black Sleep'. Never saw this one before. It looked like a vehicle for Basil Rathbone, perhaps in his waning years. I think I enjoyed it. (too much Absinthe and laudanum) The descriptor on my old CRT, via over the air digital read something like "Victorian Sir Joel prepares for his wife's brain surgery by practicing on locals supplied by a Gypsy". Wow. Even if it sucked, I'd watch just based on the description.
Reply With Quote
  #3592  
Old 09-29-2017, 08:58 PM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 3,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poejsic View Post
Last night, I caught 'The Black Sleep'. Never saw this one before. It looked like a vehicle for Basil Rathbone, perhaps in his waning years. I think I enjoyed it. (too much Absinthe and laudanum) The descriptor on my old CRT, via over the air digital read something like "Victorian Sir Joel prepares for his wife's brain surgery by practicing on locals supplied by a Gypsy". Wow. Even if it sucked, I'd watch just based on the description.
What would a Gypsy supply a rocket scientist?
__________________
.
.
.
.


Last edited by Sculpt; 09-30-2017 at 03:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3593  
Old 09-30-2017, 09:01 PM
Roiffalo's Avatar
Roiffalo Roiffalo is offline
HDC's werewolf enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: PA
Posts: 2,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
What would a Gypsy supply a rocket scientist?
I know this! Something to do with a raven and a writing desk!
__________________
🎃 Review topic 🎃 My "to watch" list. 🎃 My art topic 🎃
🎃 Horror movies I was watching but stopped keeping track of because the site keeps dying 🎃


Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Reply With Quote
  #3594  
Old 10-01-2017, 04:42 PM
Poejsic's Avatar
Poejsic Poejsic is offline
Licking
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
What would a Gypsy supply a rocket scientist?
My exact thought when I read the description. I'm looking through my collection to see if I have a copy of this. I'd like to experience it whilst not so inebriated as I was upon my first viewing. Here's the only link I could find -

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049013/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Last edited by Poejsic; 10-01-2017 at 04:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3595  
Old 10-01-2017, 06:24 PM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 3,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
I know this! Something to do with a raven and a writing desk!
Aw hellna! You're freakin my world, Roif! If it wasn't a raven or writing desk, I guess it might be some involuntary werewolves test-pilots!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poejsic View Post
My exact thought when I read the description. I'm looking through my collection to see if I have a copy of this. I'd like to experience it whilst not so inebriated as I was upon my first viewing. Here's the only link I could find -
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049013/?ref_=nv_sr_1
"Basil Rathbone and Lon Chaney Jr.... can't say I've ever seen this before. Although the title is familiar, I don't know this one. But someone getting brains/bodies for a mad scientist/Dr is pretty old hat.
__________________
.
.
.
.

Reply With Quote
  #3596  
Old 10-01-2017, 08:13 PM
Roiffalo's Avatar
Roiffalo Roiffalo is offline
HDC's werewolf enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: PA
Posts: 2,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Aw hellna! You're freakin my world, Roif! If it wasn't a raven or writing desk, I guess it might be some involuntary werewolves test-pilots!
Lol, as if Larry's life wasn't difficult enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
"Basil Rathbone and Lon Chaney Jr.... can't say I've ever seen this before. Although the title is familiar, I don't know this one. But someone getting brains/bodies for a mad scientist/Dr is pretty old hat.
Oh I've seen that! It's a good one, I should watch it again for Halloween. 8)
I see it on YouTube, but it's a zoom in with gritty quality. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J61MxXDdkGM
__________________
🎃 Review topic 🎃 My "to watch" list. 🎃 My art topic 🎃
🎃 Horror movies I was watching but stopped keeping track of because the site keeps dying 🎃


Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Reply With Quote
  #3597  
Old 10-02-2017, 03:43 AM
HorrorKyng's Avatar
HorrorKyng HorrorKyng is offline
Little Boo
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 5
Yeah I love The Black Sleep.

I also love Karloff in The Black Room (1935), which is hard to find these days and hardly ever shown on TV.
Reply With Quote
  #3598  
Old 10-03-2017, 06:37 AM
FryeDwight FryeDwight is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,053
VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED (1960). Still enjoy this with good turns by Barbara Shelly, George Sanders and Michael Gwynn. ***1/2
Reply With Quote
  #3599  
Old 10-07-2017, 10:27 PM
DeadbeatAtDawn's Avatar
DeadbeatAtDawn DeadbeatAtDawn is offline
病気の
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Extreme Horror Cinema
Posts: 1,781
Dementia 13, 1963. 8/10


Thumb resize.
__________________
Thumb resize.
Reply With Quote
  #3600  
Old 10-08-2017, 07:34 PM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 3,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Dementia 13, 1963. 8/10


Thumb resize.
I see there's a 2017 remake now.
__________________
.
.
.
.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:48 PM.