Old 07-17-2019, 10:51 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile View Post
I consider part 3 dream warriors to be one of the best horror movies ever made, even if it isn't pure horror because of the comedy/one-liners in there.

To me part 3 and 1 are among the greatest of all time. Then 4 and Freddy's Dead I like a lot but they don't hold a candle to the greatness of 1 and 3. 2 and 5 to me were crap but there is a good scene or 2. I absolutely despise New Nightmare, Freddy vs Jason and the remake.
I can't say I remember all that much of NOES 2 and 3, and oddly never saw 4 or 5. But I saw 3: Dreamwarriors at the theatre and enjoyed it. The effects were impressive.

Old Yesterday, 01:35 AM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile View Post
I consider part 3 dream warriors to be one of the best horror movies ever made, even if it isn't pure horror because of the comedy/one-liners in there.

To me part 3 and 1 are among the greatest of all time. Then 4 and Freddy's Dead I like a lot but they don't hold a candle to the greatness of 1 and 3. 2 and 5 to me were crap but there is a good scene or 2. I absolutely despise New Nightmare, Freddy vs Jason and the remake.
I think New Nightmare is a good stand alone movie, but has nothing of the Elm Street Saga. Even the "Freddy" has nothing of the charisma of the classic one, none of his one liners and so on. I think that is just a horror movie, while the saga has some fantastic humour in it also.
Old Yesterday, 03:16 PM
basementdwellingnay-sayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
I think New Nightmare is a good stand alone movie, but has nothing of the Elm Street Saga. Even the "Freddy" has nothing of the charisma of the classic one, none of his one liners and so on. I think that is just a horror movie, while the saga has some fantastic humour in it also.
I know what you're saying but honestly every movie where they are making a movie as part of the story, I never liked. My only exception to that was The Editor. The worst 1 I saw like that was Evil Ed. The Fulci movie A Cat in the Brain wasn't that bad but not great either.
Old Today, 12:19 AM
Evil Dead

CHILDREN OF MEN (2006). Pretty downbeat story of the near future concerning population. After a half hour, gets really intense, almost TERMINATOR-ish. ***

Tags
movie