Old 09-11-2015, 05:05 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by friday13thfan View Post
I just picked it up for the Xbox One. So far I am really liking it. Having to plan out your loadout, the open world and the overall much more intelligent AI.
How open is the world? How linear is the game?
Old 09-11-2015, 05:28 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
How open is the world? How linear is the game?
Very open. Only the intro is linear.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:43 PM
Hellraiser

The most recent horror games I played was SCP containment breach
Old 09-11-2015, 06:15 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Very open. Only the intro is linear.
Did you play Dying Light? Can you compare it? Dying Light is described as open world, but its all about doing fetch quests. You can go various places in the 'world', but exploring was fairly dull and felt like all I was doing was getting supplies to make diablo themed weapons.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:27 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
Did you play Dying Light? Can you compare it? Dying Light is described as open world, but its all about doing fetch quests. You can go various places in the 'world', but exploring was fairly dull and felt like all I was doing was getting supplies to make diablo themed weapons.
I actually havent't played Dying Light yet, even tho it was one of the games I liked most forward to last year. I'll probably buy it when it gets dirt cheap.

I would much rather compare the game to Assassins Creed, coz they have a lot in common. You can choose to complete the missions and side missions by stealth or by blasting you way in. I don't have the patience to do the stealth thing. The missions are quite the same so far. You either have to rescue or kidnap someone or destroy something in a fortress guarded by russian soldiers. It's up to the player if he wants to do several missions in a row or head back to the base (or chopper) from time to time. It all takes place in Afghanistan, which is pretty much just a huge dessert with not much variety, so i mostly use the chopper to get around. In the chopper you can also listen to tapes you find on your missions, such as information or music. So I always put on Asia "Only Time Will Tell". Love that song.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:06 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
I actually havent't played Dying Light yet, even tho it was one of the games I liked most forward to last year. I'll probably buy it when it gets dirt cheap.

I would much rather compare the game to Assassins Creed, coz they have a lot in common. You can choose to complete the missions and side missions by stealth or by blasting you way in. I don't have the patience to do the stealth thing. The missions are quite the same so far. You either have to rescue or kidnap someone or destroy something in a fortress guarded by russian soldiers. It's up to the player if he wants to do several missions in a row or head back to the base (or chopper) from time to time. It all takes place in Afghanistan, which is pretty much just a huge dessert with not much variety, so i mostly use the chopper to get around. In the chopper you can also listen to tapes you find on your missions, such as information or music. So I always put on Asia "Only Time Will Tell". Love that song.
Thanks for the info. : )
Old 09-15-2015, 12:50 AM
Evil Dead

Roland Ahoy!
Old 09-25-2015, 11:44 AM
Scares Little Kids

Talking SOMA by Frictional Games

I'm currently playing SOMA by Frictional Games and I'm loving every minute of it. The best 27 USD I've ever spent, really! The atmosphere and story is very immersive and the sound design is superb. The story keeps you hooked the whole time and it doesn't feel like you're forced to go forward it gives freedom to explore and do as you wish. If you're a fan of horror in general, this game is a must have.
Old 09-25-2015, 01:01 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniak View Post
I'm currently playing SOMA by Frictional Games and I'm loving every minute of it. The best 27 USD I've ever spent, really! The atmosphere and story is very immersive and the sound design is superb. The story keeps you hooked the whole time and it doesn't feel like you're forced to go forward it gives freedom to explore and do as you wish. If you're a fan of horror in general, this game is a must have.
I was thinking about buying it, but it seems every horror game has all of these 'puzzles' that are almost blatantly jarring. Something like put the skull on the pedestal which holds down the switch which opens the lions mouth so you can get the dagger which fits into some lock you get to hours and hours later in the game. Or having to jump from stone to stone or get swallowed by the monster in the water. And so on.

So does SOMA have a lot of things like that?
Old 10-10-2015, 05:38 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
On my Xbox One I'm playing Destiny and Lego Marvel Superheros.

And on my Vita I'm playing Uncharted and Little Big Planet.