Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by zwoti
a thread about the fog with no input from shanks :eek:
LOL...yeah, anytime I post about it he usually jumps right in...he adores the film ;):p

He'll have his say eventually I'm sure:D
Old 08-23-2005, 06:05 AM
Living Dead

Question WHY

WHY ARE WE REMAKING THE FOG. ISN'T THAT ONE OF THOSE MOVIES THAT ARE GOOD IF THEY'RE LEFT IN THERE TIME? I CAN'T IMAGINE A REMAKE OF THE FOG BEING GOOD, AND WHAT IS THIS ABOUT FRIGHT NIGHT? NO, NO, NO!!! IF THEY REMAKE THAT MOVIE THEY WILL JUST MESS IT UP VERY BAD. PLEASE CAN WE LEAVE THE CLASSICS ALONE.....:( :( :( :(
Old 08-25-2005, 06:13 AM
Evil Dead

A hundred bad remakes of the Fog wouldn't make any difference, in my opinion.

It used to be that I'd make all kinds of cruel remarks about filmmakers who do them. Very easy to jump to conclusions that it's just going to be another cashing in. Maybe it will. Maybe it won't.

I like to keep my mind open, either way. You never know when the next the Thing -caliber remake will come along...
Old 08-26-2005, 08:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
PLEASE CAN WE LEAVE THE CLASSICS ALONE.....
Please can we turn our capping fucks off?

:D
Old 08-26-2005, 09:30 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
Quote:
Originally posted by no mulier
A hundred bad remakes of the Fog wouldn't make any difference, in my opinion.

It used to be that I'd make all kinds of cruel remarks about filmmakers who do them. Very easy to jump to conclusions that it's just going to be another cashing in. Maybe it will. Maybe it won't.

I like to keep my mind open, either way. You never know when the next the Thing -caliber remake will come along...
Well, I think a hundred bad remakes of any film would certainly make a difference. Yes, there are good remakes. Hell, occasionally there is even a superior remake. But I'm tired of having to accept this complete lack of originality as inevitable. I just know there are some interesting scripts out that are being turned away in order to bank on yet another remake or worse, a"reimagining" that simply cashes in on a name, with a director that has no real interest in, or love of, the genre. :D

It is simply different when a director that has an understanding of the genre takes on a remake, rather than one that is just doing a job. I don't know who is directing The Fog remake, but I can tell you, I am not impressed with the signed cast. And that is a bad sign...lol.

Last edited by jenna26; 08-26-2005 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:13 AM
Evil Dead

It is indeed a sad fact that there will always be filmmakers with no love for the genre, and no originality or creative vision of their own. The huge gaps that lie between good to excellent remakes will always be filled in with utter garbage, the intention of which is only to rip off the originals and make some profit.

For the industry and, more importantly the genre, YES... a hundred remakes would certainly make a difference. While it is quite improbable that such a high number of bad remakes would ever be made from one film, I merely meant to suggest that in spite of any bad remakes that come out of Fog, for example, it will never make a difference...it will never change the way I feel about the original film.

And speaking of the cast...I've never had any reason to respect Selma Blair whose name to me seems to be the only one remotely familiar. The way John Carpenter puts it (when asked about the Fog remake), he doesn't mind that someone wants to "freshen" it up, but his answers don't really make the film all that optimistic.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:10 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Tom Welling? Hell no! Oh god, this is gonna suck!
Old 08-27-2005, 07:49 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Return
Tom Welling? Hell no! Oh god, this is gonna suck!
Well, he's pretty and isn't that all that really matters?:D

(~end sarcasm)

Yeah, I figure it is going to be pretty bad.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:22 PM
Tenant

I'm pretty positive I saw Jon Bon Jovi's name on the cast list.

And the sad part is I'm dead serious.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:48 PM
Undead

Jon Bon's in the cast?? That IS scary.

Fuck.