Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-10-2009, 05:42 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Ron Howard is the Antichrist
I used to think so, but DAMN I loves that Arrested Development.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 12-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Waste Disposer

laptop on my chest perusing the net in bed before dozing off,as usual
...spent the last hour reading creepypasta

I'm spooked

I admit it

yep

and I have to pee

real bad

goddammit:mad:
Old 12-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
One of my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE online horror stories. Definitely creeps me out when I read it:

http://www.dionaea-house.com/
Haha, nice. I really enjoyed the ending. I seem to like the stories that could be real, like getting a chain letter of some story or something.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:11 PM
HDC Idol

This one definitely creeped me out. The writing isn't fantastic, but it's like describing a horrible nightmare...

http://www.creepypasta.net/yokv33.html

Old 12-27-2009, 01:20 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmacabre View Post
As I have found out, you guys don't really frequent 4chan but there is a board on there called /x/ filled with paranormal stories. Cleverly enough the people on there are called /x/philes. haha

There is also a thing called creepypasta which is defined as:

"Any form of writing, usually fictional, that is read mainly for the purpose of spooking the reader. Anybody can write creepypasta, and there is a large collection of creepypasta on the internet. Creepypasta doesn't go through any approval processes — rather, the more the /x/ imageboard requests a certain story, the more reputation it gains. This is how the more well known pieces of creepypasta became successful."

I'm basically gonna use this space to post my favourite /x/ hoaxes, and posts from www.creepypasta.net
Also - I don't "get" 4chan and it makes me feel old and "out of touch" with the culture of the Internets (this has come up before with YOU and your talk of TWEETS and MEMES and #WHATHAVEYOU). When I try to surf around it, I get a lot of hentai. Now there's nothing wrong with hentai, but when I want hentai, I'll search for hentai!

Example: I assume that this is the board you're talking about:

http://boards.4chan.org/x/

The ad across the top is for hentai and I scroll down and I see pics of women's nether regions! :eek:

MM! Where are you SENDING me?! GET OFF MY LAWN!

It could just be that I'm retarded; I've become a UI snob and when I hit a site that has an awful User Interface I get really frustrated with it... I honestly don't know what I'm looking at here. Please explain for us old unhip folks.

Old 12-27-2009, 04:38 PM
Evil Dead

Well Chrono you must be searching for hentai, cause I am under the impression that your ads are interest based. For example, yesterday I was searching for Gingerale flavoured kit-kat bars, and j-pop bands. Today my ads on 4chan are for a site that sells those kit kats, anime and lightsaber shaped chop sticks. I suppose they also cater their ads to the kind of people who usually frequent the site (and given that I go to school with a lot of 4channers, I can tell you, they have a one track mind).

That said, the UI is TERRIBLE on 4chan. I didn't mind it so much until my Interface Design class this year. Now I too am a UI snob.

So 4chan: When you get to the initial site there are letters across the top and bottom. The letters correspond to different themes. I don't really know any but b and x. From there, there will be a picture (possibly unrelated to the topic, or just to get your attention. To the right of that is the original topic being posted, and everything under that is a reply to that topic. It doesn't display every reply, so you can click "reply" and it will show them all.

Anything worth reading from /x/ has ended up elsewhere on the internet though. I just google stuff like "memorable /x/ topics" to avoid the crap.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
There was a hunter in the woods, who, after a long day hunting, was in the middle of an immense forest. It was getting dark, and having lost his bearings, he decided to head in one direction until he was clear of the increasingly oppressive foliage. After a what seemed like hours, he came across a cabin in a small clearing. Realizing how dark it had grown, he decided to see if he could stay there for the night. He approached, and found the door ajar. Nobody was inside. The hunter flopped down on the single bed, deciding to explain himself to the owner in the morning. As he looked around, he was suprised to see the walls adorned by many portraits, all painted in incredible detail. Without exception, they appeared to be staring down at him, their features twisted into looks of hatred. Staring back, he grew increasingly uncomfortable. Making a concerted effort to ignore the many hateful faces, he turned to face the wall, and exhausted, he fell into a restless sleep.

Face down in an unfamiliar bed, he turned blinking in unexpected sunlight. Looking up, he discovered that the cabin had no portraits, only windows.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:39 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
My favorite piece of Creepypasta seems to be a parody of the phenomenon. This is really fucking funny:

In a certain area of a city somewhere in Western Philadelphia is an area of flat concrete, the kind of place used as a basketball court or similar, near to a school building. If you wait in this area on the 10th September, you will eventually be approached by two youths with an aggressive demeanor about them. The youths will challenge you to a fight, which you must accept. Following the brawl, return to your home. It is important that you tell your mother of this incident. She will become perturbed by your tale, and order you to leave for an area of Los Angeles. You will be compelled to obey her. At the nearest taxi rank, whistle for a cab and one will approach. You may see that its license plate reads "FRESH", and there will be novelty dice dangling from the rear-view mirror. Do not be disturbed by the odor of the cab's interior, and speak only the words "Yo home, to Bel Air" to the driver. When you arrive in Los Angeles, which should be around the hours of over 9000:00 or 8:00 PM, you must speak again to the driver, this time saying "Yo home, smell ya' later". DO NOT LOOK BACK AS THE TAXI LEAVES. You will be dropped off at the entrance to a large mansion. Approach the door and knock three times. If you follow these instructions exactly, you will be allowed to claim your place as the Prince of this area of Los Angeles, known only as "Bel-Air". You will be led to a room with an enormous throne, encrusted with the largest diamonds and fashioned from the purest of gold. This throne is object 539 of 538. Sit on it, and ponder what to do next.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Faustus View Post
My favorite piece of Creepypasta seems to be a parody of the phenomenon. This is really fucking funny:

In a certain area of a city somewhere in Western Philadelphia is an area of flat concrete, the kind of place used as a basketball court or similar, near to a school building. If you wait in this area on the 10th September, you will eventually be approached by two youths with an aggressive demeanor about them. The youths will challenge you to a fight, which you must accept. Following the brawl, return to your home. It is important that you tell your mother of this incident. She will become perturbed by your tale, and order you to leave for an area of Los Angeles. You will be compelled to obey her. At the nearest taxi rank, whistle for a cab and one will approach. You may see that its license plate reads "FRESH", and there will be novelty dice dangling from the rear-view mirror. Do not be disturbed by the odor of the cab's interior, and speak only the words "Yo home, to Bel Air" to the driver. When you arrive in Los Angeles, which should be around the hours of over 9000:00 or 8:00 PM, you must speak again to the driver, this time saying "Yo home, smell ya' later". DO NOT LOOK BACK AS THE TAXI LEAVES. You will be dropped off at the entrance to a large mansion. Approach the door and knock three times. If you follow these instructions exactly, you will be allowed to claim your place as the Prince of this area of Los Angeles, known only as "Bel-Air". You will be led to a room with an enormous throne, encrusted with the largest diamonds and fashioned from the purest of gold. This throne is object 539 of 538. Sit on it, and ponder what to do next.
Bahahahaha omg. That's amazing :D
Old 12-28-2009, 01:36 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Ran across this one a few times now...sends chills down my spine every damn time I read it:

Quote:
During the war a soldier faithfully wrote his mother every week so she would know he was all right, until one week she didn’t get a letter and immediately began to worry. Within a couple of weeks she got a letter from the Army saying that her son had been captured and was being held in a Prisoner-of-War camp, and they assured her that they had no reason to believe the American prisoners were being mistreated in any way. A few weeks later the woman finally received another letter from her son, it read: “Dear Mom, Try not to worry about me, they are treating us well and I’ll be released as soon as the war is over. Make sure that little Teddy gets the stamp for his collection. Love you, Joe” The woman was overjoyed to hear the news, but was confused because she had no idea who “little Teddy” was. She decided to steam the stamp from the envelope and have a look. When she did she saw that written on the back of the stamp were the words:

“They’ve cut off my legs”.