Old 07-11-2004, 09:15 AM
King of the Long Post

Send a message via AIM to Stingy Jack
Quote:
Originally posted by Haunted
I don't go for that "love at first sight" sort of thing. I though my ex-ex was fabulous the first time I saw him, sweet...yadda yadda yadda. He turned out to be a piece of shit.

Most guys fall for two things about me: knowledge and my eyes. The rest of me is sort of plain.
I agree. "Love at first sight" is a crock of shit. Anyone who tells you they fell in love at first sight is confused as to what love really is. You can't love someone without knowing them first. Without respecting, admiring, and trusting them. Those things come with time -- not a glance. "Love at first sight" really means: "I wanted to fuck this person right away!" Not love at all.
GOOD LORD DELIVER TO US!
Old Scotch Invocation
-- adapted by Stingy Jack

Stingy's Horror DVD Collection
Old 07-11-2004, 01:30 PM
Something about a pillow

Quote:
Originally posted by Stingy Jack
I agree. "Love at first sight" is a crock of shit. Anyone who tells you they fell in love at first sight is confused as to what love really is. You can't love someone without knowing them first. Without respecting, admiring, and trusting them. Those things come with time -- not a glance. "Love at first sight" really means: "I wanted to fuck this person right away!" Not love at all.
Thats so cynical! I'd like to believe that there is one soul mate for everyone. There are lots of people close to being perfect for you, but there's only one thats really truly meant to be with you. If I were to meet my one and only I'd like to think that I would know at first sight.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:40 PM
Slave to a broken Heart

Send a message via Yahoo to Miss Britt
Quote:
Originally posted by orangestar
Thats so cynical! I'd like to believe that there is one soul mate for everyone. There are lots of people close to being perfect for you, but there's only one thats really truly meant to be with you. If I were to meet my one and only I'd like to think that I would know at first sight.
Never beleived in love at first sight, Never thought about Soul mates or any of that, then I met tony and my world changed and was destroyed.... Too long a story.... But never think that theres only one met to be with you, Because it isn't true....
Old 07-11-2004, 03:46 PM
King of the Long Post

Send a message via AIM to Stingy Jack
Quote:
Originally posted by orangestar
This is a strange thing to say, seeing as you're an atheist. :D I mean, I agree that there is someone out there who is perfect for you (compatibility-wise), and you may find this person incredibly attractive when you first lay eyes on him. But, you have to get to know him before you can say you love him. Otherwise, that ain't love.
GOOD LORD DELIVER TO US!
Old Scotch Invocation
-- adapted by Stingy Jack

Stingy's Horror DVD Collection