Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-23-2010, 01:29 PM
BuyTheTicket, TakeTheRide

oops. Ment to put Wont find a better website for lesser known but great horror. Definitely not meaning mainstream
Old 05-23-2010, 02:19 PM
Inquisitor Generalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyMyers View Post
HDC.com+Netflix=Happiness
Blah.. Cant sign up since i live in Norway.. :mad:
Anyway found reelhd.com - got lots of interesting indie-horrors.
It`s a pay site, but they throw in 5 days where you can watch for free.
Now i gotta spend 5 days watching cheesy horrors just to get a value out of the free trial :D

"The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it."
Old 05-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Evil Dead

That's too bad you can't get NetFlix. I didn't think I'd like it, don't know why. Then someone sent me a free trial and I've been hooked ever since. And I love the fact that they're kicking Blockbusters ass, lol.
I won't say all Blockbusters suck, but the one by us sure does.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to milktoaste
Been a Netflix customer for around 2 years now, 0 complaints, they even send extra movies every now and then for free. The Blockbuster by us just had there 'going out of business' sale-Family Video is still doing well.
"The physical body is acknowledged as dust, the personal drama as delusion. It is as if the world we perceive through our senses, that whole gorgeous and terrible pageant, were the breath-thin surface of a bubble, and everything else, inside and outside, is pure radiance. Both suffering and joy come then like a brief reflection, and death like a pin" Stephen Mitchell
Old 05-23-2010, 06:42 PM
Evil Dead

I missed our BlockBusters going out sale. I was pissed. I heard some good deals were to be had.

On topic, I don't see new horror in theaters. I don't have a job atm and I can't afford to spend the bucks for a family outing to the theaters, but more than that, even if I could afford it I'm tired of being disappointed by new horror.

I'll rent them and make my choice. But, I agree with what's been said. This place is full of people who like good horror, and their recommendations are spot on from what I've checked out so far.
Sucks being out money when a movie sucks, especially with theater prices. Cool to post somewhere that people just want good horror, and can point you(or me) in the right direction to get it.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:02 PM
Misanthrope

To be fair fuck all of the older horror movies actually scared me either.

Endo doesn't agree but Paranormal Activity put the shits up me and tripped me out.

I thought Pontypool had a creepy atomosphere too as did The House Of The Devil.

Those three came out in the last year or so I don't get what the dude who started the thread is on about.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Evil Dead

:) Nice to not get bashed for once on the Paranormal Activity thing, lol. Neither here nor there,but I don't know what the movie lacked for me. Just didn't do it.

I saw an indie film called Somebody Help Me, and that disturbed me, in a good way!! I loved this flick. The guy is pulling teeth out and fingernails, and we had to stop it a few times to just gather ourselves.
That's what I like. If you're going to torture, take it to the point that I have to stop for a bit.

I've recommended this film to friends, and they didn't like it. Maybe it's me that's skewed, lol.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:43 PM
Evil Dead

hey FIEND, what movie is your avatar from??
Old 05-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by trx1 View Post
hey FIEND, what movie is your avatar from??
It's 'Bad Taste', isn't it?
Old 06-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Scares Little Kids

Referring to the op, Freddy's pedophilia was definitely implied in the original series, and if you want quality horror, you need to view the foreign section, that is, anything but American horror. The best recent American horror film I've seen was Quarantine, and that's a shot for shot remake of [REC].

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
I thought Pontypool had a creepy atomosphere too as did The House Of The Devil.

Those three came out in the last year or so I don't get what the dude who started the thread is on about.
I think The House of the Devil is highly overrated online. Aside from the nice cinematography and Tom Noonan, it was an amateur movie.