Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-13-2013, 02:36 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
that looks good

and yes I'm talking about the chick with the boobs on the cover

Oh yes.... you'd like her. ;)
Old 02-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Midnight toker

Moonrise Kingdom: Finally got round to watching this and I can happily say I was not disappointed. There feels like a subtle restraint to this movie in terms of cinematography and supporting characters, which works beautifully in allowing the main story to flow. While the characters are still quirky and familiar to any fans of his movies, the quirks and eccentricities dont overpower what is a really beautiful romance. The two kids are amazing and despite a huge wealth of acting talent on display the two young leads more than hold their own. Anderson is an expert at creating extraordinary characters and situations and injecting a familiarity that brings his movies to life. It's probably not his best movie and certainly not his funniest, but its still an incredibly endearing story and hard not to love...... Bob Balaban taking the role of the 'narrator' was quality too, dude is a total legend!

Watched the Total Recall remake too... Shite.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Cranky

Quote:
Watched the Total Recall remake too... Shite.
GIGO

:p

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 02-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Midnight toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
GIGO

:p
I can't deny the overwhelming sense of inevitability when I resigned myself to giving it a chance. :o

Watching hollywood remakes is my chosen method of self flagellation. :eek:
Old 02-13-2013, 10:22 PM
Evil Puppy

Shadow of a Vampire
Old 02-14-2013, 01:11 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Isolerad aka Corridor (2010)

Medical student Frank lives in a fine little flat, a quiet place to focus on his coming stressful exams. One day the curious, lovely girl on the upper floor rings the doorbell. In spite of his unwelcoming attitude she keeps coming back, more and more often. Things don't seem quite right between her and her mysterious biker boyfriend (Peter Stormare) and over the course of a few intense days, everything turns into a horrifying vision of the bloody consequences of solitude.

This is not something like Polanski's The Tenant but still a highly enthralling beautiful psychological thriller from Sweden. Loved the way they kept it so tight & interesting till the end while the premise or story was so simple but entertaining to watch. I think a major credit also goes to the young actor on the lead who delivered a convincing performance on a regular, believable, lonely-'coward' guy.

Recommended.

>> A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Sounds a lot like norwegian

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0453383/

Great.
Yeah...for the synopsis it actually lot sounds like Naboer aka Next Door (which I loved too) but this Swedish Indie gem is far less complex or twisted than any other 'Apartment-Horror' thriller with similar premise. The thing I liked mostly about it is how they still managed to pull it through so intense & tightly while there is nothing actually "so much" psychologically twisted things going around. This is more of a story about a regular douchebag & how he/she reacts in a series of suspicious neighborhood disturbances where you'll even get little bit of Hitchcockian flavor at the end.;)

Last edited by roshiq; 02-14-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:28 AM
For Vendetta

What better way to spend Valentine's Day than a bit of bloody valentine goodness? The remake might be better than the original, but nothing can beat the charm of the 80s slasher, and those wonderful visual-prop effects.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:46 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Yeah...for the synopsis it actually lot sounds like Naboer aka Next Door (which I loved too) but this Swedish Indie gem is far less complex or twisted than any other 'Apartment-Horror' thriller with similar premise. The thing I liked mostly about it is how they still managed to pull it through so intense & tightly while there is nothing actually "so much" psychologically twisted things going around. This is more of a story about a regular douchebag & how he/she reacts in a series of suspicious neighborhood disturbances where you'll even get little bit of Hitchcockian flavor at the end.;)
Sounds good.

I'm on it.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:14 PM
Little Boo

Cabin Fever
Old 02-15-2013, 07:02 AM
No, fuck YOU

4/10

Tags
movie