Old 09-03-2012, 07:52 AM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posher778 View Post
Following cinema norms doesn't make you correct my cuddly little friend
Ouch!

I'm just a-kidding. I really do love that movie, though.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Медвежуть View Post
i dont like any good classics im pretty boring:(
Old 09-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Writer

Saw The Apparition yesterday, overall not thrilling. There was nothing exciting or tense about the film at all.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Evil is Better

The Raid: Redemption

This was awesome. The fight scenes alone make this worth watching and after it gets going, the story isn't bad either.

The Possession

I feel like the generic title makes this one forgettable which is a bad thing because this is actually a pretty good movie. The story and characters are set up and developed well. The mood is creepy and the scares are all very well done.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:23 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Joking? One of the only good dramas to come out recently. It was really depressing though :(
I really liked Young Adult too. I dig well-made character dramas, and I thought that Patton Oswalt and Charlize Theron were just great. Love Patton Oswalt.

Quote:
Read the book first, way back when. Saw the movie in like... 04. I just don't dig it. It's too stupid. I'm painting a target on my shiny white ass, but I liked Hunger Games more.
YOU'RE too stupid. Though I suppose that even Stupids are entitled to their own opinion. :p

I'm going to be honest; I'm not a huge fan of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre either but probably for a variety of reasons: I hadn't been exposed to a whole lot of horror movies other than Hitchcock, old scifi and in terms of modern films, Alien and Halloween, so I think it was my first introduction into exploitation (save I Spit On Your Grave that my friend and I turned off horrified about 10 minutes in when we were in high school)... So to me I didn't know the breadth of horror so I always expected horror to be "scary" (e.g. suspenseful or "thrilling")... TCM just made me very uncomfortable and I didn't really know how to digest it.

I also think that I was watching it out of context (sometime in college, circa 2001)... I'd imagine it was pretty groundbreaking and horrifying for its time... But since it didn't make me jump and it instead made me uncomfortable, it really turned me off. I consider trying to rewatch it (you know, now in my mature horror viewer state), but I think I'll probably just find it... icky. Which, yes, is definitely the intent... But I typically don't like feeling icky.

Anyhoo, my most recent watches:

The Clinic (2010)

Ahhhh, where to begin? There's actually a lot that's successful about this movie: good creepy atmosphere, some definitely suspenseful scenes, and some truly creepy and disturbing moments. But there's a LOT that's just hard to believe and as I've mentioned in horror movies before, you truly need to be able to suspend your disbelief.

I made it through to the end, though, and in my mind I equate it a bit to Saw in that it's incredibly elaborate, macabre, grotesque, and has a silly mystery with a "plot twist" and some gross bits.

Lots of different horror themes going on in this one; it was definitely a bit frenetic.

I can see a few people on here really enjoying this bizarre film from Down Under and, honestly, I have to say that I appreciate the fact that AT LEAST IT IS AN ORIGINAL CONCEPT (I mean, the reveal is pretty spectacularly over-the-top on the macabre meter; I laughed a bit)... But it fell a bit short for me (I'm sorry but just as I felt in Prometheus I have a really hard time believing that after having a backwoods Cesarian section with no medication or even food or water source to keep you sustained you'd be able to run, jump, climb, fall, roll around, and battle for your life). These must be superwomen (which, considering the ridiculous reveal I suppose is a bit apropos).

2.75/5 (extra credit for originality and for making me cringe on occasion)

A Civil Action (1998)

Had to watch this for my Business Law class. I typically like legal dramas as I used to aspire to be a lawyer, but I'm going to be honest; the way that our justice system is structured in the United States is basically designed to reward and/or protect the incredibly wealthy and not necessarily bring justice to victims. The story itself was honestly depressing; not just watching the families whose children died of leukemia (supposedly due to contaminated drinking water) but also watching a small law firm basic bankrupt themselves to try to bring the accused to justice. I suppose it's honorable that our main character fought so hard for a guilty verdict, but just seeing the course of Negotiation to State Court to Settlement to Appeals to Federal Court as the small law firm suffers and the Big Business barely bats and eye... Just... Depressing. Ugh.

According to the epilogue/monologue in the end, a fairly lofty settlement seems to have been reached and the guilty parties held responsible, but honestly I just found it long and incredibly depressing.

The good news: Great acting, though it definitely ran a little long in the end. I'd say don't bother with it unless you're a hard-core fan of legal dramas. Not a bad movie, just definitely a genre piece with a clear story to tell. And they told it.

3/5.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 09-04-2012, 12:12 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post

The Possession

I feel like the generic title makes this one forgettable which is a bad thing because this is actually a pretty good movie. The story and characters are set up and developed well. The mood is creepy and the scares are all very well done.

The cover alone is totally cliché.

Still gonna have to watch it tho.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:20 AM
Banned

i havnt seen a bruce lee movie (or any real matial arts movie come to think of it) in years and years.was actually quite entertaining apart from the last fight which was shit and dragged on too long
Old 09-04-2012, 07:10 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Grabbers (2012)

>>: B
Old 09-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
The cover alone is totally cliché.

Still gonna have to watch it tho.
Yeah this one's a lot better.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Scream 3 8/10

Classic to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real