Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum

Old 01-16-2019, 08:55 PM
Immortal horror fan

Horror Film ID Help in New Carpenter Brut Monday Hunt Video

Carpenter Brut released a bunch of videos this month. I've only watched the first few which I assumed were recently filmed. However, I was watching Monday Hunt and noticed the Playboy model that went to the bad side from Predator 2. She's in that Cheerleader horror movie that I want to check out.

I was wondering if anyone here could pick out the rest of the movies in this video?

NUDITY WARNING

I usually don't check youtube comments. But I did this time and according to one post the movies shown are:

1. Slaugther High
2. Intruder
3. The Burning
4. Cheerleader Camp
5. Killer Workout
6. Slumber Party Massacre 2
7. Maniac
8. Blood Rage
9. The Mutilator
10. Pieces
11. Hack-O-Lantern

But no one confirmed the list as far as I know. I've only seen The Burning in that list and didn't notice it in the video. But I only remember a shower scene and the boat scene in that movie and I've seen it twice.

Here is the first video from the album titled Leather Teeth with a Pinhead type killer.

Old 01-30-2019, 01:49 AM
Immortal horror fan

No one checked these out?
Old 01-30-2019, 08:23 AM
Banned

Nope
Old 02-06-2019, 12:17 AM
Immortal horror fan

I guess that's part of the reason this place is going bye bye. No one checks out videos with slasher movie clips.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:13 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I guess that's part of the reason this place is going bye bye. No one checks out videos with slasher movie clips.
Maybe it's partially a taste thing among horror fans, ImmortalSlasher. But you're right, apparently the slasher fans here don't look at and reply to many of these posts. To me, looking at that list of film titles, I've probably only seen about a couple of them.

Halloween (1978) likely piqued my interest in the fuzzy 'slasher' film genre, if anyone categorizes it, or Psycho (1960), as a 'slasher', they are more than that. Some Horror aficionados quickly discovered, that besides a few exceptions, most of the 'slasher films' that came out after that were going to be repetitive boring setup scenes to flash repetitive jump scares, nudity, kills or gore, and plenty featuring a lot of crudeness. Would you say that was a fairly accurate description of what you consider slasher films? I mean, maybe you didn't find most of the setup scenes boring, or maybe you did, I don't know. I'm curious how you would describe them. Thanks!

Last edited by Sculpt; 02-13-2019 at 10:40 AM.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:58 AM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Maybe it's partially a taste thing among horror fans, ImmortalSlasher. But you're right, apparently the slasher fans here don't look at and reply to many of these posts. To me, looking at that list of film titles, I've probably only seen about a couple of them.

Halloween (1978) likely piqued my interest in the fuzzy 'slasher' film genre -- if anyone categorizes it, or Psycho (1960), as a 'slasher', they are more than that -- and Horror aficionados quickly discovered, that besides a few exceptions, most of the 'slasher films' that came out after that were going to be repetitive boring setup scenes to flash repetitive jump scares, nudity, kills or gore, and plenty featuring a lot of crudeness. Would you say that was a fairly accurate description of what you consider slasher films? I mean, maybe you didn't find most of the setup scenes boring, or maybe you did, I don't know. I'm curious how you would describe them. Thanks!
How I would describe slasher movies? I guess pretty much using the terms that you used. Jump scares, nudity, kills (usually with a knife or bladed weapon), and crude humor. Also usually with teens or young adults.

I thought about the type of movies and TV shows I was watching a while ago and I realized that there is usually death in all of them. I checked out Dateline a few times because of that joke by Kate McKinnon and every episode seemed to be about some kind of murder or missing person. Even shows on that women's network are like that. So I guess whether it's a slasher or other type of movie or show you are bound to see death in a good number of them.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:58 AM
Misanthrope

That list is pretty dead on. Slaughter High and Killer Workout make up a lot of the footage in the clip.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:17 AM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
That list is pretty dead on. Slaughter High and Killer Workout make up a lot of the footage in the clip.
Thanks. I'm going to check all of those out.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:05 AM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Thanks. I'm going to check all of those out.
Some good stuff in there. Maniac and Intruder are two of my favorite slasher flicks. The Mutilator is a pretty solid low budget film with some great gore.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:31 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Some good stuff in there. Maniac and Intruder are two of my favorite slasher flicks. The Mutilator is a pretty solid low budget film with some great gore.
Cool. It's a wild video. I'll try to get to those this October.