Old 01-07-2007, 07:44 AM
Evil Dead

burning out

I think I may be getting burned out on Asian horror and may take a break from it for awhile. The past few I've seen haven't done a lot for me, and most of the ones sitting in my Netflix queue don't sound all that great. I'm confident I'll get over it soon, but a break seems in order. Come to think of it, I may need a break from horror in general as I seem to be running out of movies that I want to see.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to XtRaVa Send a message via MSN to XtRaVa
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer666 View Post
I think I may be getting burned out on Asian horror and may take a break from it for awhile. The past few I've seen haven't done a lot for me, and most of the ones sitting in my Netflix queue don't sound all that great. I'm confident I'll get over it soon, but a break seems in order. Come to think of it, I may need a break from horror in general as I seem to be running out of movies that I want to see.
That will happen with any genre. If you absolutely love a certain type of film, and watch it to death, you'll get sick of it soon.

With any genre, there will always be filler and movies of that genre that you dont like much...However now and again, an amazing cult film will arise. :)

1,2 Michael's coming for you...3,4 Better lock your door...5,6 Grab a crucifix...7,8 Better stay up late...9,10 Never sleep again.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer666 View Post

I'm having the same problem, but with movies in general. I'm still watching them, but I'm having a harder and harder time deciding what I want to watch because nothing sounds really good to me. I usually pick up and put down 20 titles before I decide on one, and it might take me a couple of days to get that one watched. And if you knew me, you'd know that's not very like me. To make matters worse, it seems I'm drawn to movies I've already seen a dozen times, and I have who knows how many new, unwatched movies in my collection. I have at least six Asian movies (all but one horror) right now that I've never seen, and there used to be a time when I would get one and watch it as soon as it came out of the plastic. Sorry to ramble on, but I thought I was the only one who suffered from this malady. Glad to see I'm not. If you discover a cure, clue me in.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by omcdave View Post
i know go rent some american hollywood crap and you will come screming back to asian horror.i just watch the pulse remake and pow i have to see a good asian horror film fast :)
I wouldnt even be able to sit through the pulse remake. I wouldnt even get as far as putting it in my DVD player if I owned it. I find it difficult to watch anything at the moment, unless it just comes on TV.

1,2 Michael's coming for you...3,4 Better lock your door...5,6 Grab a crucifix...7,8 Better stay up late...9,10 Never sleep again.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:36 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by omcdave View Post
oh yes you could also watch an american haunting that would make any one hate american movies and go back to asian films . or the omen remake ! god americans need to get to it and do something new or im leaving here and moving to korea :)
Dont bring your computer with you;)
Old 01-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Evil Dead

Harsh! lol. I'd want you to take your PC Dave dont worry :)

Old 01-08-2007, 02:43 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by heebiejeebies View Post
I'm having the same problem, but with movies in general. I'm still watching them, but I'm having a harder and harder time deciding what I want to watch because nothing sounds really good to me. I usually pick up and put down 20 titles before I decide on one, and it might take me a couple of days to get that one watched. And if you knew me, you'd know that's not very like me. To make matters worse, it seems I'm drawn to movies I've already seen a dozen times, and I have who knows how many new, unwatched movies in my collection. I have at least six Asian movies (all but one horror) right now that I've never seen, and there used to be a time when I would get one and watch it as soon as it came out of the plastic. Sorry to ramble on, but I thought I was the only one who suffered from this malady. Glad to see I'm not. If you discover a cure, clue me in.
No, you certainly aren't the only one to feel this way. The last time I felt like you describe with movies in general I made a point of not watching any for about a month. I stopped buying them, canceled my Netflix subscription, etc. That did the trick. After about a month, they were fun again.