Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by jenna26
Exactly. It is annoying when the characters have no personality of their own and they are just....convenient. I understand it is all from a writer's imagination, but imagination is the key word. Too many writers can't seem to view things from any perspective but their own and that definitely hurts the story they are trying to tell.
he saves his 'invention and imagination' for the plot gimmicks and has no idea how to flesh out his characters.

plus his ideas are samey ..

he is going to run out of gas pretty soon - especially with hollywood biting at his ass for more.

sort of like Thomas Harris...
Old 08-08-2005, 12:57 PM
Evil Dead

I read "The DaVinci Code" last year, and was actually really impressed by it. True, the charachters could have been developed a little more...but I'm not sure that was the purpose of this particular book.

It really makes you question alot of things...makes you re-think the validity of the Catholic Church, that's for sure. The conspiracy theories, etc. were compelling to me and I guess we may never know for sure if they're completely true...Dan Brown claims that they are, I believe. Since we can't be sure, it's all the more intriguing.

Anyway, I also look forward to the movie adaptation...I'm curious to see how they'll handle it...and I'm curious to see if religious groups try and ban it ;)
Old 08-15-2005, 12:55 AM
Undead

I've read A&D, Deception Point, and Digital Fortress... All of them were solid, entertaining reads. My fav was probably A&D.

I gotta get around to reading DaVinci Code real soon.