Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-18-2013, 06:32 AM
Evil is Better

Dexter: I can't believe how awful this show has gotten

Sleepy Hollow: This was really good. It felt like Halloween to me while I was watching it. The holiday, not the movie.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:13 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Dexter: I can't believe how awful this show has gotten
Shame innit. The latest isn't showing here yet but I'm not fussed really after the last series. It got off to such a good start then there was Jaime Murray spicing things up, and Lithgow was a excellent anti-villain, but it's been going downhill since then. Even DDK was bit lame and then all that Dexter and Debs romance nonsense.

They should have kept Doakes alive like in the novels, he was a worthy adversary.

Quote:
Sleepy Hollow: This was really good. It felt like Halloween to me while I was watching it. The holiday, not the movie.
Looking forward to that, although the Burton/Depp one was great imo.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:20 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicknero View Post
Shame innit. The latest isn't showing here yet but I'm not fussed really after the last series. It got off to such a good start then there was Jaime Murray spicing things up, and Lithgow was a excellent anti-villain, but it's been going downhill since then. Even DDK was bit lame and then all that Dexter and Debs romance nonsense.

They should have kept Doakes alive like in the novels, he was a worthy adversary
I thought the DDK storyline was OK. Certainly better then Prado and Jordan Price. The shows really gotten bad now that Hannah is the focus.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:22 PM
Undead

Quote:
I thought the DDK storyline was OK. Certainly better then Prado and Jordan Price. The shows really gotten bad now that Hannah is the focus.
I can't believe the sendoff it's getting. This show had some pretty incredible, strong seasons. I can't stand Hannah, I can't stand the whole "serial killers falling in love and now the world is bright" thing.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Evil Dead

DDK was certainly OK yes, I just expected more considering the material they had to work with... I mean Travis having an "anti-Harry" was a bit obvious I thought, and Gellar was a way better character than Travis anyway.

Is Dex going to quit killing then? Serial Killers Anonymous perhaps? :D
Old 09-18-2013, 02:55 PM
Scares Little Kids

tv shows

sleepy hollow was not that good
Old 09-18-2013, 03:55 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicknero View Post
DDK was certainly OK yes, I just expected more considering the material they had to work with... I mean Travis having an "anti-Harry" was a bit obvious I thought, and Gellar was a way better character than Travis anyway.

Is Dex going to quit killing then? Serial Killers Anonymous perhaps? :D
Not necessarily. Hannah McKay is just back, and I hate the Hannah storyline. Every once in awhile, there's a crazy woman that Dexter can "completely be himself around" and they present it as new and interesting material, even though at the third go, it's not anymore.

Lumen was okay, but Hannah annoys me almost as much as Lila. :mad:

Last edited by CaraBloodyCara; 09-18-2013 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Forgot to finish my thought
Old 09-18-2013, 04:01 PM
Hellraiser

I'm way behind the times on this, but I started watching The Walking Dead: Season 3 over the weekend. I've finished the first two discs, and so far I'm digging it. I'm glad to finally see how Merle ended up, and The Governor is a damn great villain.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:26 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraBloodyCara View Post
Not necessarily. Hannah McKay is just back, and I hate the Hannah storyline. Every once in awhile, there's a crazy woman that Dexter can "completely be himself around" and they present it as new and interesting material, even though at the third go, it's not anymore.

Lumen was okay, but Hannah annoys me almost as much as Lila. :mad:
I missed most of the last series so I don't know Hannah at all... it is a bit tired though, the Dexter-and-his-love-life story line : ) I guess they're just trying for a wider appeal, or something... it's a shame they felt the need to let Trinity kill Rita - I think there's much more mileage in Dexter being married than there is in, as you say, itinerant crazy women :)

Although I liked Lila, for one reason or another :rolleyes:

Last edited by Sicknero; 09-18-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:03 AM
HDC's old chick

Watched on Netflix streaming last night:

Cadfael
Sons of Anarchy