Old 03-30-2012, 09:11 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
I can say with almost 95% guarantee that i'll be playing "Silent Hill: Downpour" tomorrow.

At what time all depends on the hangovers.

But i got all things lined up for the event. Pizza, snacks and beer. So... see ya in half a week!! :D
I'm sorry. I can assure you I will not be risky with my money when it comes to that. lol.

I am actually biting my tongue trying to play through 4. I just went through 1 - 3 and before try and suffer through Origins, I am attempting to try an enjoyable playthrough of 4. So far, not as enjoyable as I want it to be. Although, it is my own fault, I knew what I was getting into. lol
Old 03-30-2012, 09:18 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutty View Post
I'm sorry. I can assure you I will not be risky with my money when it comes to that. lol.

I am actually biting my tongue trying to play through 4. I just went through 1 - 3 and before try and suffer through Origins, I am attempting to try an enjoyable playthrough of 4. So far, not as enjoyable as I want it to be. Although, it is my own fault, I knew what I was getting into. lol
What was 4 called?
Old 03-30-2012, 09:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
I can say with almost 95% guarantee that i'll be playing "Silent Hill: Downpour" tomorrow.

At what time all depends on the hangovers.

But i got all things lined up for the event. Pizza, snacks and beer. So... see ya in half a week!! :D
someone say beer ?
Old 03-30-2012, 09:31 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
What was 4 called?
Silent Hill 4: The Room. It was the last installment from the original developers (Team Silent) and at the time was the worse one. It was way more combat and action based which made it feel like a different game at times. It has first person elements when in your apartment. It is enjoyable at times, but very annoying most of the time (in my opinion). It's worth sitting through, because a lot consider it to have one of the best stories (which I also do not fully agree with). After 4 they started being developed by Konami America and from there just went down hill. Although, I would say that even Origins feels more like a Silent Hill game than 4.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:39 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Silent Hill 4: The Room. It was the last installment from the original developers (Team Silent) and at the time was the worse one. It was way more combat and action based which made it feel like a different game at times. It has first person elements when in your apartment. It is enjoyable at times, but very annoying most of the time (in my opinion). It's worth sitting through, because a lot consider it to have one of the best stories (which I also do not fully agree with). After 4 they started being developed by Konami America and from there just went down hill. Although, I would say that even Origins feels more like a Silent Hill game than 4.

Yea, i didn't like that one. Never got through it.

The next one tho (Homecoming) is without a doubt my favorite. So far.

The movements especially in combat has really been updated. Something i've been waiting for in a loooong time.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:46 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
someone say beer ?
HELL YEA!! :D

I've found a really good easter beer. It's a little stronger than a normal beer but is nicely sweet.

Funny thing is i've absolutely no idea who's made it. It just says easter beer on the label. That's it. Really odd...
Old 03-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Yea, i didn't like that one. Never got through it.

The next one tho (Homecoming) is without a doubt my favorite. So far.

The movements especially in combat has really been updated. Something i've been waiting for in a loooong time.
See, that's one of the biggest things I hated about Homecoming. It turned in into a 3rd person shooter (esk) gameplay. Of course the American team has to completely westernize the game and that is one of the biggest things that made the others terrifying. Granted, that original control set up I don't feel was perfected until 3, it actually made some sense. Silent Hill is not Gears of War. Just like Gears of War would be crap with Silent Hill controls. The original Silent Hill games, as you probably know, dealt with protagonists that were everyday joes. So awkward movement and combat makes sense. These characters were not Navi Seals, so the fact that they cannot properly use a knife, not only makes sense, but makes the survival horror aspect that much more horrifying. Homecoming upset me not only for that reason, but because the character was just as much of a badass as the enemies you are fighting and when that happens there is no longer a threatening, uncomfortable feeling. It says something when the only weapon I used most of the game was the starter knife, because it turns him into Ryu Hayabusa lol.

Sorry for the rant. I am very passionate about Silent Hill. I hope you don't say anything about the creatures. <.<...... >.>......

Also, I would love to talk about beer with you guys as well. Is there a beer thread? lol
Old 03-30-2012, 09:50 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:

Also, I would love to talk about beer with you guys as well. Is there a beer thread? lol

Sure is.

There's a "drinking thread" in the general forum. ;)

Coz we all drink down here.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Sure is.

There's a "drinking thread" in the general forum. ;)

Coz we all drink down here.
Far out. Damn, now I want some beer...
Old 03-30-2012, 09:59 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
See, that's one of the biggest things I hated about Homecoming. It turned in into a 3rd person shooter (esk) gameplay. Of course the American team has to completely westernize the game and that is one of the biggest things that made the others terrifying. Granted, that original control set up I don't feel was perfected until 3, it actually made some sense. Silent Hill is not Gears of War. Just like Gears of War would be crap with Silent Hill controls. The original Silent Hill games, as you probably know, dealt with protagonists that were everyday joes. So awkward movement and combat makes sense. These characters were not Navi Seals, so the fact that they cannot properly use a knife, not only makes sense, but makes the survival horror aspect that much more horrifying. Homecoming upset me not only for that reason, but because the character was just as much of a badass as the enemies you are fighting and when that happens there is no longer a threatening, uncomfortable feeling. It says something when the only weapon I used most of the game was the starter knife, because it turns him into Ryu Hayabusa lol.

Sorry for the rant. I am very passionate about Silent Hill. I hope you don't say anything about the creatures. <.<...... >.>......
I guess i'm the only one who really dug homecoming?? :(

I don't really have anything negative to say about it, except that the blackouts might've been a cheap way to switch between sceneries. But i appreciated all the different settings so i didn't mind that much.