Old 06-24-2005, 02:58 PM
No charge for awesomeness

George A. Romero's Land of the Dead

Well I decided that since it's officially here... Land of the Dead deserved it's own thread in the Moder Horror Section now. And since I went and saw the earliest possible showing of it, I may as well be the one to do it....

CAUTION ---- LOTD discussion ahead!!! If you haven't seen it and don't want to know about it, don't continue reading!!!

So........... What did everyone think?

Personally, I went in not to high on the idea of the zombies evolving and I left sort of feeling the same way. Romero made another kickass zombie film but I didn't think it was anywhere near as groundbreaking as Night or Dawn. Of course those are very hard to match, and it was still a pretty kick ass film in it's own right. I'll have to watch a couple more times before developing anything more solid than this opinion...

It was good, but not as great as I was hoping. I'd give it a B+.

For reference, I'd give Night an A+, Dawn an A+, and Day an A-, so it was my least favorite of his Dead Series (Hey! It's not a trilogy any more!) but still definately worth seeing/renting/owning!

Something about the main zombie's (The big black bald guy) facial makeup never really quite looked right to me and that sort of bothered me too.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:32 PM
Evil Dead

Well, after waiting twenty years for this film, it's hard not to be a little bit disapointed. Still, there was so much good in the film, it's worth seeing again. Only time will tell whether the problematic elements grown on you or just become more annoying.

The film went down very well with the audience I saw it with. Some people mumbled nitpicks on the way out, but lots were screaming during the actual film.

READ MORE HERE: http://hollywoodgothique.bravejournal.com/entry/12396
Old 06-24-2005, 06:55 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
i think Robert Joy was the best actor on Land
Old 06-24-2005, 07:11 PM
zipperface

Send a message via AIM to HappyCamper Send a message via Yahoo to HappyCamper
SPOILER AHEAD...well sort of..

Well I just got home from seeing 'Land of the Dead' and I thought the movie was fucking awesome!

I will have to agree however that it can't compare with NOTLD, or Dawn.

Really the only thing I didn't like was the fact that the zombies have evolved, although I can see why Romero did it.

I did like the fact, that he left it open for a sequel. Romero has even said that if he is given the chance that he may do at least one more film. I for one sure hope that he is given that chance.
Just listen to this sentence and tell me what it means. I haven't seen Evil Dead II yet? Would you get the impression that i wanted to see it? Oh, well you couldn't have been dying to see it or else you would have already gone. So in your opinion would I definitely see it?
How the fuck should I know probably!
Why? Because it's a brilliant film, it's so funny, and the soundtrack kicks fucking ass!
Old 06-24-2005, 07:12 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Re: SPOILER AHEAD...well sort of..

Quote:
Originally posted by HappyCamper
Well I just got home from seeing 'Land of the Dead' and I thought the movie was fucking awesome!

I will have to agree however that it can't compare with NOTLD, or Dawn.

Really the only thing I didn't like was the fact that the zombies have evolved, although I can see why Romero did it.

I did like the fact, that he left it open for a sequel. Romero has even said that if he is given the chance that he may do at least one more film. I for one sure hope that he is given that chance.
he said he would make Land of the Dead into another trilogy about the same characters
Old 06-24-2005, 07:29 PM
zipperface

Re: Re: SPOILER AHEAD...well sort of..

Quote:
Originally posted by massacre man
he said he would make Land of the Dead into another trilogy about the same characters
Yeah you're right he did say that. And I sure as hell hope that he is given the chance too.

I fucking love zombie movies!
Just listen to this sentence and tell me what it means. I haven't seen Evil Dead II yet? Would you get the impression that i wanted to see it? Oh, well you couldn't have been dying to see it or else you would have already gone. So in your opinion would I definitely see it?
Why? Because it's a brilliant film, it's so funny, and the soundtrack kicks fucking ass!
Old 06-24-2005, 08:50 PM
BH14

Is it better than the re-make of Dawn of the Dead and 28 Days Later?? If its up there with those movies, then its worth a look.

ht tp://www.chasingthefrog.com/catalog/my_movies.php?username=sirbflo114
Old 06-24-2005, 09:56 PM
Evil Dead

I just got back too...I thought it was entertaining, but definately not "Romero's Masterpiece" as some critics were calling it. It had its moments, but it wasn't truly scary or over the top gory in my opinion. Decent acting...decent makeup....it was decent ;)
Old 06-24-2005, 10:26 PM
zipperface

I will still purchase this movie when it comes out on dvd. It's definitely entertaining, but Dawn and NOTLD are better.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:08 PM
Granny Weather Wax

Send a message via AIM to barbra Send a message via Yahoo to barbra
im lazy

Quote:
Originally posted by barbra
land of the dead

I was hoping for more exploding heads and gore. I liked the movie but Im still not sure how I feel about it. I think I need to go see it again.
You’re my favorite living human by far
’cause you make this frightening world less bizarre