Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Indie Horror Movies and Short Films
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-31-2016, 02:23 PM
Just Before Dark

Thumbs up Just Before Dark (2016)

I'm currently in the process of getting an indie horror film funded. I won't post the link to the gofundme campaign because I don't know this forums rules for it, but it is on my profile and I can send it to you if you'd like. I'll just talk about it anyway so that you don't have to follow the link.

This movie falls between body horror and camp horror as it involves a camping trip at the wrong place at the wrong time, but also some decay/disease. This is not Cabin Fever, this is not The Evil Dead. I have looked into many movies in the category and it seems to be in a league of it's own. There are movies with similar body horror characteristics, but I have not seen a movie with a similar plot.

I love practical effects, so this movie will be very practical. I don't deal with CGI, but I will be doing some digital editing; color correction, color grading, audio cleaning, sound effects, etc.

This movie will be filmed from one evening through the night and into the morning so it will be completely chronological. It absolutely won't be a found footage/shaky cam film, I don't want to give you motion sickness

It will also be at least 90 minutes so it's a feature length film and will be for sale on Amazon as I'll be publishing it through Createspace. The campaign also includes rewards for donations of at least $10, so that's something.

I appreciate you reading this and possibly considering it. Again, I'm not sure if this follows all rules, but if it doesn't it wasn't my intention.
Old 09-04-2016, 02:01 PM
Just Before Dark

Reached Funding Goal

I finally reached my funding goal and I will be filming in october