Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-17-2014, 07:51 PM
For Vendetta

Superman-Batman movie pushed to 2016

Warner Bros. announced on Friday its decision to move the release of Zack Snyder’s untitled Batman-Superman movie to May 6, 2016.

The studio said their move allows “the filmmakers time to realize fully their vision, given the complex visual nature of the story.” This follows word that the production starring Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck had been pushed to begin in the second quarter of 2014 rather than its originally planned winter start date.

Dan Fellman, Warner Bros. President of Domestic Distribution, went on to say “We know that there is already great anticipation building for the next Super Hero film from Zack Snyder, and we are equally eager to see what he has in store for Superman and Batman as they share the big screen for the first time ever.”

Warners is still casting the film including the main villain role which sources tell Variety is still in Joaquin Phoenix’s court. It will also reunite “Man of Steel” stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane, and also stars Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince.

The screenplay will be written by David S. Goyer, from a story co-created by Goyer and Snyder.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/superm-1201062720/
Old 03-12-2014, 03:27 AM
Scares Little Kids

With Avengers movie being so popular that's why they decided to put both super heros in the same movie. Honestly think it's a great move.

Am sure a ton of people will go see it no doubt.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:18 AM
For Vendetta

Hans Zimmer will be in charge of the soundtrack.

Quote:
Zimmer then went on to admit that he’s anxious about finding a new take on the Dark Knight for Ben Affleck’s Batman, which will distinguish it from his work on Nolan’s Bat-films: “That’s my problem, that’s my dilemma. I don’t want to betray, if that’s the right word, the Dark Knight movies. That was Christian Bale, it was Christian’s role. It’s not just that it was nine years of our lives, so you want to stay honest and honourable to that period. So it’s really about, ‘Is there something else I can find that I haven’t tapped into?’ Which I don’t know until I sit down with Zack.”
http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2014/0...-superman.html

First behind-the-scenes pic - http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2014/0...-superman.html

Batman vs. Superman is set for release on May 6th 2016 with returning Man of Steel stars Henry Cavill (Superman), Amy Adams (Lois Lane), Diane Lane (Martha Kent) and Laurence Fishburne (Perry White) also joined by Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, Jeremy Irons as Alfred Pennyworth and Holly Hunter, Callan Mulvey and Tao Okamoto in as-yet-unrevealed roles.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:07 PM
For Vendetta

First look at Ben Affleck as Batman, standing beside his Batmobile:

High resolution - http://collider.com/wp-content/uploa...-Batmobile.jpg

(via Collider & Zack Snyder's Twitter)

Last edited by _____V_____; 05-13-2014 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:14 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Absolutely love it, although if they are going for Dark Knight Returns era Batman...well, I'll be interested to see if I believe Affleck's age for it. I've been quite supportive of Affleck since the announcement, but I'm now wondering if they should have gone older.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 05-16-2014, 08:41 AM
Pirate of Bengal

I think it won't be entirely based on Miller's Dark Knight Returns. Probably Snyder & his team going to take some idea or elements from it. I'm guessing at first half there would the Batman-Superman thing...the introduction & their rivalry & friendship with Lex Luthor & some other villain's agenda. Then from the 2nd half, they may introduce Wonder Woman, Cyborg & some other JL heroes against a great threat(?!). Overall, I guess it'll be more of a JLA: The Beginning sort of flick.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:40 PM
For Vendetta

Warner Bros. has given a title to its “Batman v. Superman” movie, “Dawn of Justice,” which can mean only one thing: it will lead into “The Justice League.”

Written by “Argo” scribe Chris Terrio, “Dawn of Justice” has entered production and will shoot on location in Detroit, Illinois, Africa and the South Pacific.

Warner Bros. still plans to release the film May 6, 2016.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:08 AM
For Vendetta

Jason Momoa will play Aquaman in 'Dawn Of Justice'

Quote:
While Warner Bros. hasn't made that announcement officially yet, HitFix can confirm that he will be playing the part, and that Zack Snyder has already finalized his designs for the character so shooting can take place soon.

One of the things that has driven me crazy since the release of "Man Of Steel" is when people say that the last act of the film is a problem since there's no consequences for Superman after all of the destruction that results from his battle with Zod. I felt like it was pretty clear walking out of the theater that the next film would have to be all about consequences. I suspected that Lex Luthor would use the destruction as a way of making Superman look like a monster, and it sounds like that is indeed one of the major ideas that they're playing with in "Dawn Of Justice."

Someone else who's not particularly happy about what happened in that film is Aquaman. I'm not sure if that's the actual name they'll use or not, but what we're hearing is that he is not pleased about the World Engine and what it did to the Indian Ocean. He will not have a major role in the film, but he will make an appearance, and it definitely sets him up to return once Snyder gets to "Justice League."
"Batman Vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice" arrives in theaters May 6, 2016.

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-capture...it-will-happen
Old 06-14-2014, 10:34 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Still & at least far more "sensible" selection than Affleck as Batman, Gadot as WW and Jesse Eisen as Luthor.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:13 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Teaser at the ongoing Comic-Con: