Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-01-2012, 02:39 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
I just read an article on Comcast.net where Mark Hamill said George Lucas told him they're going to do VII, VIII, and IX.
I'm sure that's only the beginning. :rolleyes:
Old 11-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Who cares. None of these movies were ever that good in the first place, and the only interesting character (Darth Maul) got chopped early on. The new Star Trek movie was better than all 6 Star Wars movies combined, and it was just entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 11-01-2012, 05:18 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posher778 View Post
Who cares. None of these movies were ever that good in the first place, and the only interesting character (Darth Maul) got chopped early on. The new Star Trek movie was better than all 6 Star Wars movies combined, and it was just entertaining.
How was Maul interesting?? It was just some dude with a painted face. He looked ridiculous.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:47 PM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Make this into a horror franchise.
That could have potential-give them to Dario Argento to direct!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
How was Maul interesting?? It was just some dude with a painted face. He looked ridiculous.

Exactly! Ridiculous is entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 11-05-2012, 09:39 PM
For Vendetta

Star Wars: Disney's new trilogy - Episode VII, VIII & IX - standalone spinoffs also!

You didn’t need to be a prescient Jedi master to predict the minute Disney and Lucasfilm made last week’s big, exciting announcement that the Star Wars galaxy would return to our screens, the rumours about who might be involved would start flying.

And fly they have, with word on both Harrison Ford possibly being up for a return to Han Solo’s trousers and our first rumoured director candidate.

Entertainment Weekly’s new hire, Geoff Boucher (formerly of the LA Times) has a source saying that Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher are all “upbeat” about returning to the franchise that effectively helped launch their careers.

While we naturally have to file this one in the soon-to-be-bulging New Star Wars Rumour File, it’s a hopeful sign that we really will see the three original leads passing the torch – or the lightsaber – to new characters.

The new trilogy would presumably pick up about twenty years after the end of the three original films. Building an entire arc around Ford (70), Hamill (62) and Fisher (forever 27) is probably not the best of ideas, but including the original stars in a hand-off to a new generation could be a way to appease the fans and inject some new life into the series.

Ford, who has never been the most vocal fan of Star Wars’ scripts, also thought Han should have died in Return Of The Jedi to give it more emotional weight. He was the least likely of the three to make a return, but the idea he’d even consider it makes us very happy indeed. And Boucher is not a man to spread wild rumours, either.

As to the director rumours, the gang at Collider have heard that Matthew Vaughn, who recently departed the big chair on X-Men: Days Of Future Past, could be in talks to pick up the megaphone for the new Wars outing, due in 2015.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/11/0...olo-exclusive/
Old 11-07-2012, 01:03 AM
Hellraiser

I enjoyed the star wars saga hopefully this wont ruin it or make it slightly less enjoyable, I hope they do get Harrison Ford because I'm big fan of his films, but I'll be more than likely going to the cinema to watch it weather I like it or not with the Girlfriend loving Star Wars and all Disney films :)
Old 11-12-2012, 03:06 AM
For Vendetta

Michael Arndt confirmed for Star Wars: Episode VII

Quote:
As we reported last week, Little Miss Sunshine screenwriter Michael Arndt was being heavily linked with writing the script for Star Wars: Episode VII, and now the Oscar-winner has been officially confirmed in the role.

“As pre-production of Star Wars: Episode VII begins, Lucasfilm has confirmed that award-winning writer Michael Arndt will write the screenplay for the new Star Wars film,” read an official statement. Kathleen Kennedy and George Lucas have begun story conferences with Arndt.”

That’s the script taken care of then, but what about filling the director’s chair? One name to be linked to the gig has been J.J. Abrams, but the Lost supremo has now taken time to officially rule himself out of the running.

The search continues, then. Star Wars: Episode VII opens in the UK on 17 July 2015.
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...tm_medium=feed
Old 11-21-2012, 07:44 AM
For Vendetta

Simon Kinberg and EMPIRE STRIKES BACK Scribe Lawrence Kasdan to Write and Produce STAR WARS Episodes 8 and 9

Quote:
If you thought we’d be heading into the Thanksgiving holiday without one more Star Wars rumor for the road, you’d be wrong.

Michael Arndt was recently confirmed as the screenwriter for Star Wars: Episode VII, and while everyone is busy speculating over who will or won’t direct the next installment in the franchise, it appears that Disney already has its sights set on Episodes VIII and IX.

Word on the street is that the Mouse House is looking at Empire Strikes Back screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and X-Men: First Class scribe Simon Kinberg to possibly get to work on the next two installments in the new trilogy right away.

Kasdan and Kinberg have closed deals to write either Episode VIII or Episode IX, though the division of their responsibilities has yet to be determined. This means that Kasdan could possibly find himself writing the middle chapter in a Star Wars trilogy again, and we all know how that worked out the first time. The duo will also produce the films.

When Star Wars: Episode VII was announced, it was revealed that it was the first film in a planned new trilogy based on treatments by George Lucas. Lucas said that he passed all his story notes and treatments for further Star Wars films on to new LucasFilm head and Star Wars gatekeeper Kathleen Kennedy, and Disney made it clear that they would like to release a new Star Wars film every other year.

That kind of ambitious plan doesn’t move forward without some major planning, and Deadline is now hearing that Disney is approaching Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg to go ahead and get the ball rolling on Episodes 8 and 9. Kasdan’s name should ring familiar for fans of the original franchise, as he scripted The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, and he also penned the screenplay for Radiers of the Lost Ark. As for Kinberg, he’s no stranger to franchise material himself as he wrote the scripts for Sherlock Holmes, X-Men: First Class, and the upcoming sequel X-Men: Days of Future Past.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...n-simon-393459
Old 12-01-2012, 03:46 PM
From The Beyond

I hope they bring back Darth Maul!